WnSoft Forums

PTE Registration

Ronniebootwest

So many people have trouble entering the 'unlock key' when attempting to register the program and now I am falling foul of the same bug. I recently upgraded my licence and needed to re-register. WNsoft sent me an email with a zip file attached - they said that when unzipped the file would automatically register my copy. Oh no it didn't! Some 3 emails later and I am still unable to enter this unlock code.

After unzipping, all I get is an unreadable file! Am I missing something here folks? or maybe it is just that I am getting old now. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron West

KEYCODE ENTRY SOLUTION

Hi Ron,

Here is the answer to your problem,viz:-

A) When you receive your EMail with the Registration Key go to the bottom of the EMail and find the following script:-

Line 1.......REGEDIT4

Line 2.......[HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\PTE]

Line 3......."KEY="OvFigforSbqOYV8U etc,etc,etc...........etc.....

INSTRUCTIONS

a)..Simply highlight the entire Line 3 above and RH.Clickit and select Copy. (start with "KEY=....etc)

B)..Find "Notepad" and open it with a LH.Click.

c)..Put the Cursor into the middle of 'Notepad' and RH.Clickit and Paste-in the Copy Key Code of Line 3..

d)..Now select "Save As" under File in top RH.Corner of 'Notepad'.

e)..When "Save As" opens it will be in the PTE4.40 Folder - if not find the Program Folder.

Now give the Key-Copy a File Name,call it....KEY... It will appear in the PTE Folder.

f)..Now open PTE.EXE and select the 'Registration Window' and you will see your Key-Copy File therein.

Simply LH.Clickit and it vanishes into the PTE.EXE Window.

THATS IT......

Brian.Conflow.

P.S Every time you download a 'new copy' of PTE to a 'New Folder' make sure you 'drag' the Notepad.doc into the New Folder - it 'auto-registers' itself -