WnSoft Forums

No Comments On DVD

walusa

I am using OEM version of Nero Ultra 6.6 with Vision Express and Nero DVD-Video Plug-in to burn DVDs. DVD-Rs are created very smoothly using the AVI file created by PTE. However, all of the custom comments (Titles) that appear at the bottom of each slide (my option) when the P2E show is run on a PC, have completely disappeared when the DVD version is shown on TV. I hate to think of having to write a title on every image. Is there any way to set up PTE to assure the comments/titles are included in the DVD?

Added note: To check quality differences, before making a DVD I made an SVCD using AVI files made from the same slideshow. While the quality of the SVCD was reasonably good, the DVD version was much better. However, the SVCD version correctly displays all the comments/titles on the TV whereas, the DVD version does not. In setting up PTE for the AVI, I selected "SVCD disc" from the Video pop-up and for the DVD I selected "DVD-Video disc"

walusa

welcome to the forum

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1906

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=20entry9957

you will have to experiment with the proper placement of text -- once you get it figured out you will have a starting point for the next show

i always have set that i was going to make a dvd when making the temp avi

and

when stting up the show i have to have screen resolution at 1024/768 to get things aligned properly

i have cheat marks on the edge of monitor case to help guide me

and dont forget to allow for the scroll bar on the right of screen when centering things

ken

Walusa,

When burning a PTE show to DVD, I use Object Editor | Show Safe TV Zone (SSTZ) and Project Options | Comments | Offset to properly place my comments so that are inside the SSTZ and will show on the TV. The amount of offset will depend on the size of font you use.

Good luck...Harvey :D

Itdedorc:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will certainly try it. Incidentally, when I play the DVD using Windows Media Player, the comments appear but reduced in size. The only place they don't show up is when I run it on TV. I hope your suggestion solves this problem. :D