WnSoft Forums

MusiCalc - Music Calculator

nobeefstu

MusiCalc - Music Calculator for PicturesToExe Users

Just in time to use for building your Christmas and holiday slide show projects !

I was inspired by a forum post from Larry "lathompson" Thompson to create this music calculation tool. I also found out during its development ... music today is a real tricky and complicated mess to work with because of its ever-changing encoding and policies. MusiCalc has several limitations and wont read and play everything available out there ... but nor does any other tool that I could find.

MusiCalc is a simple utility tool to calculate the total time duration of multiple music tracks. It supports audio files of Mp3, Ogg, and Wav - depending on how they were encoded and converted. Ability to save M3U play lists, text reports, and copy music files to your selected project folder. Easy to use features and functions in a friendly GUI layout.

Note : Many of you may wonder why MusiCalc does not support Wma audio files. Thanks to MS ever-changing protections, limitations, and permissions ... these files can be unpredictable for access and may promote program issues. Besides, most PTE users find its best to convert Wma files to Mp3 or Ogg audio format for use in their PTE slide shows to avoid any possible Wma issues altogether.

Version 1 Features :

Search for Mp3, Ogg, and Wav audio files. Loads all search items to the Music-Catalog List.

Add Track items and Remove Track items to build the Music-Play List.

Target Time calculator with Add Track Time and Remove Track Time calculations.

Preview audio selection with internal Track Player.

Supports basic Tag information of Mp3 and Ogg.

Save M3U play lists, text reports, and copy music files as listed in the Music-Play List.

Load saved M3U play lists made by MusiCalc and other makers to the Music-Catalog List.

Keyboard shortcut keys for some major program functions.

Program :

Program Version 1 - Musicalc.exe.

Musicalc_v1.zip package contains Musicalc.exe, MusiCalc Guide.chm, License.txt, and ReadMe.txt.

Program does not install any system files, registry entries, user Shortcuts, Start Menu items, or Uninstall options, nor does it alter,

edit, rename, move, or delete any audio files.

MusiCalc is a 3rd party program tool for PicturesToExe Users and is not affiliated with PicturesToExe or WnSoft.

Program supports English language only.

MusiCalc has been tested for use on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

Pentium 4 or higher (recommended)

1024 x 768 Screen Resolution (minimum)

1 MB free Hard Drive space for program files

Important Note : MusiCalc may not be capable to read, play, and collect exact time duration's of all encoding variations used in Mp3, Ogg, and Wav files. Depending on how the original audio file was encoded, converted, or ripped you may encounter some issues. Music files from iTunes are also known to exhibit issues when used in MusiCalc or PTE. Our tests have shown if an issue is experienced, the best resolve is to encode or convert the audio file again using Audacity or dBpowerAMP. Seems these popular freeware tools always work the best without exhibiting issues.

_____

My warmest gratitude and great appreciation to my dear friends at the PTE Forum for all their testing and help to make this program possible.

Ralph "Hawk" McDermott

Ken "Ken Cox" Cox

Peter "fh1805" Appleton

Tom "tom95521" Mendenhall

Larry "lathompson" Thompson

Bill "cottage" Hines of Beechbrook.com for hosting PTE Presentations

Free for All and available for download from :

Beechbrook.com - Utilities : MusiCalc-Music Calculator

Hope you all Enjoy,

Stu

post-45-125889518263_thumb.jpg

Would all potential users please be aware that after releasing the program publicly the testing team have become aware of a problem that seems to be caused by ripping WAV files from CD using Windows Media Player on Windows Vista and subsequent to the install of Service Pack 2 to that operating system. This problem is under active investigation. At this point in time we are unable to give any indication as to when a fix might be available. The problem manifests itself by assigning a zero duration to such WAV files.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Would all potential users please be aware that after releasing the program publicly the testing team have become aware of a problem that seems to be caused by ripping WAV files from CD using Windows Media Player on Windows Vista and subsequent to the install of Service Pack 2 to that operating system. This problem is under active investigation. At this point in time we are unable to give any indication as to when a fix might be available. The problem manifests itself by assigning a zero duration to such WAV files.

regards,

Peter

I thought the problem with WMP started in issue 10, where something had been added to prevent ripping WAV from CD? I am still using 9 with no problems on XP SP3.

Yachtsman1

I thought the problem with WMP started in issue 10, where something had been added to prevent ripping WAV from CD? I am still using 9 with no problems on XP SP3.

Yachtsman1

Eric

i ripped with wmp 11 and had the same results as Peter, then i ripped same cd with a freebie ripper

v 1.4FROMhttp://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html Free CD Ripper V1.9

- You can rip CD audio tracks in MP3,

- You can rip CD audio tracks in OGG VORBIS,

- You can rip CD audio tracks in FLAC,

- You can rip CD audio tracks in WAV,

- Send CDDB request to get directly album, artist, track's title,

- Mp3 tag Edition.

Free CD Ripper can rip your Audio CD to Bin/Cue. And can burn your Audio Bin/Cue image.

Free CD Ripper is easy to use but fast and effective.

No spywares or adwares ! and completely free !

Free CD Ripper is a freeware, you can use it free without restriction of time !

free software

and music calc recognized the wav

Stu and Peter are just advising you of the pitfalls related to wmp

ken