WnSoft Forums

v5.0 Basic Questions

I just downloaded the new release and have a few basic questions.

1. Is there a way to get the view the same every time I open PTE? I like the horizontal view without the new folder tree on the left. I am having to change that every time.

2. I don't want PTE to resize my photos for me - I create them at exactly the size I want. Right now, unless I click on "original" for each individual photo, it is stretching them to fit the screen. I don't want to have to do that with each photo, is there a way to do it globally?

3. Can someone point me to a simple tutorial for just the pan and zoom effects?

I am preparing an updated article on this program for our website and appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks!

I just downloaded the new release and have a few basic questions.

1. Is there a way to get the view the same every time I open PTE? I like the horizontal view without the new folder tree on the left. I am having to change that every time.

Hi Heather,

Click on "View" (top menu tool bar) then click the Horizontal View and uncheck "Show Tree" and that should give you the default you are looking for...

2. I don't want PTE to resize my photos for me - I create them at exactly the size I want. Right now, unless I click on "original" for each individual photo, it is stretching them to fit the screen. I don't want to have to do that with each photo, is there a way to do it globally?

Under "Project Options" "Screen tab" scroll down with the scroll bar then check "disable scaling of main images"

3. Can someone point me to a simple tutorial for just the pan and zoom effects?

There are several, and Jeff Evans and I are working on a unified tutorial now that version 5.0 is released and the screens and menus are fixed. Here is a link to a very basic one I did early in the development cycle of betas, it will get you started

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/tutorial.pdf

I haven't forgotten my promise to you guys - we will have a tutorial for you soon as well as links to a rather large collection of specialized AV tutorials on various aspects and "how to" instructions. The one above will give you the essence of how to use keypoints (keyframes in video terms) to initiate zoom, pan, rotate, etc.

I am preparing an updated article on this program for our website and appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks!

I'll email you later with some info...

Best regards,

Lin

If you want a good simple introduction to panning and zooming, have a look at my two pdf tutorials. They have been very popular so might meet your requirements. You will find them both on my site on the 'Tutorials' page'

Here:

Ron

Heather,

Lin has answered your query about re-sizing your images. That will work ok of course. But there is another approach you can use. In "Project Options", the "screen" tab, you can set the aspect ratio of the standard PTE image to a range of default values, one of which may be the same as your images. In addition, you can set up your own custom aspect ratio to match your images. Then the "fit to slide" option will not do anything as your images will be the same as those in PTE.

Jeff