WnSoft Forums

A V Loops

Tramsteer

Hi John

In order to “Loop” the two .EXE files

As a quick thought it could be done but would have to be re-constructed with the two members working .PTE files in Picture to exe.

In their presentations

Member # 1 would enter in “Project Options – Advanced – “ Run application after last slide “ – member_2.exe ( members show name, and re-save the .exe )

Member #2 would do the same but enter “Run application after last slide” – member_

1.exe ( re-save the .exe )

Close show after last slide - checked

Copy both .Exe files to clubs laptop hard drive, start up member # 1 presentation it will run member # 2 show and loop until stopped by .ESC key.

** Note – in version 5 you will get a flash to desktop between shows.

Version 4.48 is OK.

Without re-constuction I'm not sure if it can be done, Possibly other members may have another suggestion.

Hi John,

In addition to Hawk's suggestion, there is one other way of certainly "running" the slideshows in sequence. I'm not certain exactly what you mean by "uninterupted" but if you follow my "invisible menu" suggestion (link to follow) what happens is essentially you start the invisible menu which in turn calls the first slideshow then the second slideshow, etc.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6834

If you do this, remember to turn off hardware acceleration in the "invisible menu" so you don't compromise any animations in the slideshows being called.

By using this method, you can run the programs in a loop if you wish ending it at any prescribed number of iterations determined by the number of invisible slides in the invisible menu.

Best regards,

Lin

I am a camera club secretary and we are running an exhibition that will include members excecuted audio visual slide shows in various P2Exe software. Is it possible to link these executed files and run these as one uninterupted show.

Regards John at tramsteer

Hi John

In order to "Loop" the two .EXE files

As a quick thought it could be done but would have to be re-constructed with the two members working .PTE files in Picture to exe.

In their presentations

Member # 1 would enter in "Project Options – Advanced – " Run application after last slide " – member_2.exe ( members show name, and re-save the .exe )

Member #2 would do the same but enter "Run application after last slide" – member_

1.exe ( re-save the .exe )

Close show after last slide - checked

Copy both .Exe files to clubs laptop hard drive, start up member # 1 presentation it will run member # 2 show and loop until stopped by .ESC key.

** Note – in version 5 you will get a flash to desktop between shows.

Version 4.48 is OK.

Hi Ralph,

Actually I believe I have a work-around for the "flash to desktop" between shows. Check my link below to see it in operation:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/rubberballtitle.zip

Unzip the two files in a folder then run the title menu executable. It "shouldn't flash to the desktop".

In essence what is being done is that the call to the slideshow is placed a few slides "before" the last slide. The remaining slides are "dummy" slides made invisible so that they are actually executing a "do nothing" but taking time to do this. The executable is being called and begins while these two slides are actually "executing" their non-display. The net result is to avoid the return to desktop.

Best regards,

Lin

Without re-constuction I'm not sure if it can be done, Possibly other members may have another suggestion.

G'day John and welcome to the forum.

I am a camera club secretary and we are running an exhibition that will include members excecuted audio visual slide shows in various P2Exe software. Is it possible to link these executed files and run these as one uninterupted show.

I also have worked as a camera club AV exhibition coordinator and have been presented with the same problem. This is the solution I found worked well.

Make a small PTE AV which has a number of blank slides. The number should equal the number of shows you wish to display plus 1. You can have an introduction slide with the exhibition/competition title, welcome note etc on it if you wish.

On the "Project Options>Main" tab select "repeat show until ESC is pressed".

On the "Project Options>Advanced" tab untick "control of show using keyboard".

For the first blank slide select "Customise slide" and tick "run external application" and then select the first show you wish to run.

For the Second blank slide select "Customise slide" and tick "run external application" and then select the second show you wish to run.

Continue this procedure until you have all the shows you wish to run selected, (one from each slide).

You may wish to unplug the keyboard if the PC is accessible by the public and not always supervised to prevent any interference with the display.

This method is independent of having access to the original PTE files which is usually the case. Once the PTE file has been created it is relative easy to change it for each future display you may wish to build and run.

Hope you find this is useful.

EDITED 13:20Hr to correct spelling.

John

Please disregard my explanation in Post # 2

I have never done an invisible menu as Lin Evans and jfa (John) have explained but I learned something new today.

It works fine with no flash to desktop.

Excellent work around for daisy chaining - auto run - exe's

Ver 5 – PTE

Thanks

John,

Lins proceedure is the best to use in my opinion ... as it requires no mods of the linking shows. Keep in mind though the other shows settings must close at the end.

I have used this technique somewhat in v448 but v5 gives a few more options (less fade to/from desktop)

I prefer to see my menu (simple image) rather than setting the image transparent. (Running images in transparency can use some xtra pc resources.

I also like a bit of visual control of the menu by showing the Navigation Bar. Best to show only the Pause and Exit buttons as using the others may create undesirable results if you are a happy clicker.

1st Slide - Customise Slide 1 Timing to 1 Sec and set to Stop at End of this Slide

(This gies you option when your ready to start playing the auto linked shows from the Nav Bar.

The Nav Bar shows up betwwen the linked shows so you can Pause or Exit at that time if you desire. The remaning shows are still in the auto link if you just want to sit back and dont interact with the Nav Bar.

Follow Lins steps for the remaining project options and slides config.

You can be more creative here if need be ... experiment !