WnSoft Forums

Updated VideoBuilder

Igor

We know about problem with DVD burning on some DVD writers.

And because of this we have decided to change the library for DVD burning in VideoBuilder.

Please try special test version of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_511_NewDVD.zip

- It is based on version 5.11 and changes exist only in code of burning of VideoBuilder.

- It automatically installs to a separate new folder and creates new shortcuts in Start menu. It will not conflict with any previously installed version of PicturesToExe.

Please try how it burn DVD discs now.

If all will be OK, we will buy this new DVD burning library and will integrate to the next version 5.2.

We know about problem with DVD burning on some DVD writers.

And because of this we have decided to change the library for DVD burning in VideoBuilder.

Please try special test version of PicturesToExe:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_511_NewDVD.zip

- It is based on version 5.11 and changes exist only in code of burning of VideoBuilder.

- It automatically installs to a separate new folder and creates new shortcuts in Start menu. It will not conflict with any previously installed version of PicturesToExe.

Please try how it burn DVD discs now.

If all will be OK, we will buy this new DVD burning library and will integrate to the next version 5.2.

I use both a Sony and a Samsung DVD burner and haven't had any problems. So I guess I'll stick to the present version until 5.2 comes out.

Bob W.

Hi Igor,

I have tested the new burner on 2 brands of DVD-R and it did not work with either. I have had this problem with -R discs going back to some of my early beta testing with version 5 so it is perhaps not a great surprise. I did think perhaps a new version would have solved this but....

I have copied below the error messages and conversion/burning history.

My test with DVD+R gave a perfect result and in very good time. I have copied its history for your information as well.

DVD-R ERROR MESSAGE (Note this was at 8x using a 16x disc)

Runtime Error!

Program: ...es\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.1 NewDVD\VideoBuilder\burn.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

An error has occured while DVD disc burning. To fix this error please try to burn another disc and decrease burning speed.

Please use only high quality DVD media.

If this error continues to occur you can create ISO image and burn the image using other software.

For example, you can use this freeware program:

http://www.imgburn.com

DVD-R 16 times burned at 8 times

17:53:04 - Start

17:53:04 - Converting to MPEG2: D:\PICTURESTOEXE v5 PROJECTS\Wild Flowers\Project Folder\Florasecret.pte

17:57:33 - File multiplexing: C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Local Settings\Temp\Florasecret.mpg

17:57:53 - Converting menu to MPEG2

17:57:54 - VOB files multiplexing (This may take several minutes) - [100%]

17:58:08 - DVD disc checking

17:58:09 - DVD disc burning

17:58:09 - Setting of burning speed

17:58:09 - Burning start

18:02:01 - Operation failed

18:02:01 - Failed connection with Burn.exe

18:02:04 - Deleting of temporary files

18:02:04 – Finished

DVD +R 16 times burned at 8 times

18:07:17 - Start

18:07:17 - Converting to MPEG2: D:\PICTURESTOEXE v5 PROJECTS\Wild Flowers\Project Folder\Florasecret.pte

18:11:47 - File multiplexing: C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Local Settings\Temp\Florasecret.mpg

18:12:07 - Converting menu to MPEG2

18:12:07 - VOB files multiplexing (This may take several minutes) - [100%]

18:12:21 - DVD disc checking

18:12:22 - DVD disc burning

18:12:22 - Setting of burning speed

18:12:22 - Burning start

18:14:31 - Deleting of temporary files

18:14:31 - Finished

Kind regards

Peter

I did a project yesterday, first one in a while, it went through the motions to finish the burn as successful on a -R dvd. The puta read the disc as being 0 content and 0 space. neither of my DVD players would recognise the disc. It showed a distinct burn.

I repeated the operation with a RW disc which would play for a minute or so then crash and return to the beginning. I made an ISO file which Clone DVD burned to disc perfectly.

The good news is I read this thread this morning, downloaded the test version above which imported the show. I gave it a run through with the same show and it worked perfectly from start to finish. You guys are great at fixing things quickly. :D

I did a project yesterday, first one in a while, it went through the motions to finish the burn as successful on a -R dvd. The puta read the disc as being 0 content and 0 space. neither of my DVD players would recognise the disc. It showed a distinct burn.

I repeated the operation with a RW disc which would play for a minute or so then crash and return to the beginning. I made an ISO file which Clone DVD burned to disc perfectly.

The good news is I read this thread this morning, downloaded the test version above which imported the show. I gave it a run through with the same show and it worked perfectly from start to finish. You guys are great at fixing things quickly. :D

Hi, Matrix.

Please read PM from me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Igor

I found that the original Video builder would not write +r disks but was happy with -r. Having downloaded the new version from this forum it is now happy with either type. It is interesting that the burn on a -r seems to be much more than on the +r.

Mike Reed

Hi Mike,

"much more" what?

Lin

Hi Igor

I found that the original Video builder would not write +r disks but was happy with -r. Having downloaded the new version from this forum it is now happy with either type. It is interesting that the burn on a -r seems to be much more than on the +r.

Mike Reed

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Igor,

I have tested the new burner on 2 brands of DVD-R and it did not work with either. I have had this problem with -R discs going back to some of my early beta testing with version 5 so it is perhaps not a great surprise. I did think perhaps a new version would have solved this but....

My test with DVD+R gave a perfect result and in very good time. I have copied its history for your information as well.

Runtime Error!

An error has occured while DVD disc burning. To fix this error please try to burn another disc and decrease burning speed.

If this error continues to occur you can create ISO image and burn the image using other software.

17:53:04 - Converting to MPEG2: D:\PICTURESTOEXE v5 PROJECTS\Wild Flowers\Project Folder\Florasecret.pte

17:57:33 - File multiplexing: C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Local Settings\Temp\Florasecret.mpg

18:07:17 - Converting to MPEG2: D:\PICTURESTOEXE v5 PROJECTS\Wild Flowers\Project Folder\Florasecret.pte

18:11:47 - File multiplexing: C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Local Settings\Temp\Florasecret.mpg

Kind regards

Peter

I am having the same problems. Is there a solution to this. I have good quality DVDs but as they are coated for printing I cannot tell if they are -R or +R. Is this the issue

I have slowed the speed, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone please help. Downloaded it a couple of days ago - the new DVD burner version

Hi Igor,

Runtime Error!

Kind regards

Peter

I am having the same problems. Is there a solution to this. I have good quality DVDs but as they are coated for printing I cannot tell if they are -R or +R. Is this the issue

Can anyone please help. Downloaded it a couple of days ago - the new DVD burner version

Hi Marian,

Does your DVD burner support "both" DVD-R and DVD+R? Many of the older DVD burners didn't. How do you know about the "quality" if you don't know whether they are DVD+R or DVD-R?

There are numerous reasons why a DVD might not burn. It could be as simple as "thinking" you are using a DVD when in fact you have a CD instead. It could be that your burner doesn't support the DVD's you are using (DVD+R, DVD-R, etc.). The "cost" of a DVD has little to do with media quality. You may pay more because of the coating for printing but still not have quality media. I can't say this "is" or "is not" the issue but these are variables which are all possible.

I have multiple DVD burners (about 10 of them) on seven different systems as well as multiple external burners made variously by HP, Sony, Plextor, Gateway (probably someone's OEM) and Dell (likewise). All of them work perfectly with Video Builder both on DVD+R and DVD-R as well as with rewritable DVD+R (4X) media. My point is that there is a strong probability that the problem is either the media or the burner or an incompatible combination. My burners range from new to three years in age.

The first thing I would do is get a few of known type such as DVD-R and DVD+R. You don't need to buy the "fastest" media available because much of the speed is actually wasted. For example there is media available at 18X but no burners which actually work all that well at even 16x. Personally I would never try to burn at more than 8x for "guaranteed" reliability. Buy some 4X DVD rewritable media to play with and until you have things working correctly so you don't waste money on coasters.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Marian,

Does your DVD burner support "both" DVD-R and DVD+R? Many of the older DVD burners didn't. How do you know about the "quality" if you don't know whether they are DVD+R or DVD-R?

My DVD burner is under a year old and I normally use nero to burn DVDs. I have burnt both types on this burner, and am halfway through my stack of DVDs so I am sure there is no problem with my burner or discs which I use for my photography business, so I try to get the best. Definitely DVDs.

I get to the ISO stage, so will have to use another piece of software to burn it.

When I buy the next stack I will ensure I get the right type. (found the label - current batch is DVD+R)

thanks for your advice. - I have learnt not to burn at more than 8x. Ironically the only DVD I have managed to burn was at 18x. But it only worked the once, I only tried out of desperation