-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Hemjr, Here is a video (in flash) on how to do it. I use photoshop cs2 but I'm sure you can do exactly the same with photoshop 7. To watch the video, unzip the file and double click on "crop400x400.html".
-
For those of you interested, I just added a readme.txt file in the archive to help you to use this template. In this readme, you will find the instructions on how to pan and zoom the cube (with the limitations mentionned in the post above ).
-
Jeff, yes, that's how it works today. I couldn't find the post but this has been already pointed out. And I think Igor answered that this would be modified in a future beta / version (ie opacity will work the same way for children objects as it already does for Pan and Rotate). I guess it's in his famous TODO list.
-
Jean-Pierre, I hate to tell you this but there is a "problem" with your template. You work in "original" mode for the faces and the pictures HAVE TO BE 400 x 400 pixels. If the end user wants to zoom the cube (apply a zoom to the "cube" object), pixels appears. IMHO, for templates, it would be more appropriate to use "fit to slide" mode to allow the user to use pictures with bigger definition and whatever the definition of the images are (with aspect ratio 1:1 of course), it still fits. It would be under his control to use bigger definition pictures if he needs to. I tried to modify the template myself to use "fit to slide" mode without any success. I'm afraid the template should be rebuild from scratch (calculation with your spreadsheet). Could you please tell me what can be done ? Thanks.
-
Ken, I just downloaded the file I uploaded, unzipped it and opened the .pte file with PTE v5 beta 6. I can enter the O/A window for each slide and replace the "faces" of the cube without any problem. Could you please give me more details on the problem you have ? Did anybody else experiment a (/the same) problem with this template ? Thanks.
-
Another amazing piece of work by JPD! It's a template which simulates a 3D cube with rotation on the 3 axis, the 6 faces beeing visible. To use this template, the only thing you have to do is to resize the pictures you want to use at 400 x 400 pixels. In PTE, replace the 6 faces with your own pictures, that's it ! The archive includes a demo (.exe) of the effect. With JPD's authorisation, I made minor modifications on the template (only presentation). The final template is now avalaible : [click on the image to acces the download page] Thanks Jean-Pierre and congratulations for this fabulous effect !
-
PTE really nice : How to put a cube in a slideshow
thedom replied to JPD's topic in General Discussion
Jean-Pierre, It works great ! Before uploading it on my site, can I suggest some minor changements: - change the name of the objects 'face 1', 'face 2', etc... with ' *REPLACE* (face 1) ', ' *REPLACE* (face 2) ' - remove slide #4 which has no purpose and might be confusing - make a sample of your template and put it as main image. This sample is out of the screen and set its name to ' **REMOVE** (sample) ' That's what I did for mine and as bjc already released a - excellent - tutorial for one of them, I think it will prevent people from beeing lost to use the same codifications. If you want, I can make the modifications for you. Just tell me. Thanks again for this great template ! -
lathompson, Could you please give me the link to your website ? (Why ? See this post). Thanks.
-
I just made a couple of tests on "protection of the presentation" options and here are my conclusions : - time limited usage : OK (I made the test with "expire date" and "number of runs") - password protection : OK - show copyright logo : KO (logo not displayed). I guess this feature is not used often, otherwise somebody else would already have pointed it out. But maybe i made something wrong. If so, Igor, please accept my apologies for this false alert.
-
Sorry dave, I'm not a specialist. Yes, please, do put a link on your website. Thanks. (don't seem to be a lot of members on your forum ). I guess I will have to design a logo soon for people like you who want to put a link to my site.
-
Very good idea Ron ! Here it is... PrintScreenTest.zip
-
You can try this tutorial : http://depts.washington.edu/trio/comp/howt...eo/stream.shtml.
-
I guess you want to show your video in streaming mode ? If so, I have never done it but I think you can do it with Windows Media Encoder (http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1...7/WMEncoder.exe) After, you just have to find a tutorial on how to do it... I guess it's quite easy to find
-
Options for protection of the presentation are supposed to work (see here) but I made the test and I could make a screen capture too. Unless there is something we made wrong ? Or maybe screen capture are possible on the pc of the creator of the slideshow ? Or unless we do have both mega power ?!
-
Ooops, yes. Link modified in my original post.
-
I often have a problem color when creating a background or a rectangle that match my image for a seamless fit. I found Traycolor i s a good solution to solve the problem. It runs in your system tray just waiting for the time you need to get a color. Call up TrayColor, use the eye dropper to get the color of your image you want and paste the values for your background (or recatngle). Simple but very efficient. To download this tool : http://www.spinningjenny.com/traycolor.htm
-
Igor (and members ), I have a problem with : Project Options > Screen Tab > Aspect Ratio of a slide I can select "Custom" but can NOT enter a value anymore. Am I the only one to have the problem ? Thanks.
-
Here is my last photoshop action. It's is quite simple but the effect is imho really impressive. [Click on the image to directly access the download page] Do you remenber the "Schlinder's List" movie, the little girl with her red coat, the rest of the image beeing grey with a film grain ? That's exactly the purpose of my action (or what I tried to do ) This action gives you the ability to choose the area you want to keep colorized and apply a very particular greyscale to the rest of the image (You can't really tell on the thumbnail). And there is an optionnal light blur background action. To see the effect in 1024x768 : The action is really easy to use and - I hope - well documented. I will release soon a short tutorial to give you other methods than the one provided in the action to select the colorized area...
-
Hi Gary, It's an excellent idea. It has been discussed already about v5. Because with v5, you can add a lot of objects, but not only texts or links, but also images and rectangles. And it would be more convenient if we could see all these object directly in the main window, instead of having to open each slide's O/A window. It's a request for a future version. But I'm not sure Igor gave a definitive answer or even if it's feasible.
-
-
Hi Joe, Welcome to the forum (even if you joined it three years ago ). Yes, the effect is possible. Funny that you asked because it's quite new : it was released less than two weeks ago. You can download a demo to see how the effects look like here. You can find an excellent tutorial with everything you need to make such an effect here. If you want to make the effect for portrait pictures, a template is avalaible as well on my site too.
-
Could you please tell me what you're talking about, I can't see ? Sorry Igor, but I can't see the difference... And is it only me, or is the max size of the thumbnails displayed in the slide list window (in the main window) much smaller than before ? Last question : is it possible for us (end-user) to modify the GUI ? Thanks.
-
Thank you ! Be sure that I will try this new beta and give you feedback... I just updated the file on my site to announce the release of this new beta. Just a question Igor : you wrote "We'll back to this moment soon in nearest betas". Do you have an idea of how many more betas you will release before the final v5.00 version ? Thanks again.
-
Thanks guys for your feedback. David, I think this is a bug of Camtasia and I'm afraid there is nothing I can do to prevent it. But thank you for letting me know. I would appreciate if you could share the final results (pic before and after), just to see what it looks like.
-
Silvia, Welcome to the forum. There is no old version PicturesToExe v.1.6. The previous stable version is V4.48. As Ken mentionned, you need to download PicturesToExe version 5. Here is the direct link to download it : http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip PTE version 5 is still in beta (beta 5 is avalaible) and will be followed by several other betas (at least 2 ?). To read more about this last beta version, go have a look here. Beta 6 should be avalaible in a couple of days/weeks...