-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Glenys, Your explanation makes sense, even for a frog like me. But the easiest way for us to help you would be if you could post your show. (write me a pm if you want me to host it for a while).
-
A.) oops ! I leave Igor tell you his diagnostic. B.) In one Hand, you can use window zoom control (at the top of the O/A window) to have better control on small objects Here are some information (and tips) on how to modify the zoom : - you can select a value directly in the list (from 10% to 500%) - directly type a number in the the zoom field (no limit !) - zoom the window with the wheel of the mouse holding the SHIFT key - x (numeric keyboard) : zoom = auto - / (numeric keyboard) : zoom = 100% Note that you can move the screen window in the work area with the mouse holding the ALT key (might be useful with a big zoom). In the other hand, I think this thread might interest you. Hope it helps ! C.) D.) E.) I need to see your show !
-
I hope you're right Al because here is how I understand it : you will have to enable "transparent for click" option for each object above the one you want to PZR. Then you select the object in the list and you apply PZR. If the ability to select - with your mouse in the vizualisation window - the object you want to PZR would disappear, it would be a great lost. IMHO, the perfect way to do it would be : you can PZR each object with your mouse in the vizualization window. But as soon as you highlight an object in the list, it is the only one you can PZR until you deselect it in the list. What do you think ? But I guess Igor knows what he does. Anyway, till now the choices he made are perfect.
-
Thanks Igor. So what do you think of this one ? (Just a suggestion : buy ball and chain... and push me at the bottom of a lake ! )
-
I'm not sure it is what Igor will do... I got the feeling that, instead of picking up a hidden object, he takes the opposite approach : make an object transparent for click. It's the same goal but it's not the same approach and to be honest, I would prefer Al's solution (ie directly choose the "hidden" object you want). Unless there is something I don't understand (again!)
-
Jean-Pierre, I "played" a little bit with your project this morning. And I don't understand how you can apply PZR on the sub-objects with your mouse. When I click on a sub-object and try to pan it with the mouse, it affects the parent object. So, in my case, the only option I have with those sub-objects to pan them is to enter numeric values in the animation tab. Igor is aware of the problem and will implement a solution in the next beta. So how did YOU do it ? Thanks.
-
Jean-Pierre, I don't see any link for your whole slideshow of Versailles in the thread on diapositif.net
-
Jean-Pierre, I'm really impressed with your technique ! I have to study it a little bit more but I'm afraid I will have 2 or 3 more questions. But I will let you know tomorrow because I need to sleep right now. Thanks for sharing, really !
-
To be honest, Ron, I'm not convinced with your modification. From my point of view, the deformation it's too much visible and abrupt. BUT I think you gonna have a lot of help to do it smoother with a (/the?) next beta and the new ability to add an option to PZR : linear, decellerate, accelerate, .... (accelarate in your case).
-
Yes, very good idea John !
-
LOL, you are as addicted to this forum as I am ! And I'm sure you can't stop thinking about it. Seriously, is it indiscrete to ask you where you are in vaccation ? I think you can not "bring to front"/"send to back" an object in the same slide. This option is set for the whole slide and you can not modify it during the time slide. But maybe I'm wrong or I don't know how to do it ! Are you sure it's easier because I don't even understand what you mean. Do you mean : replace the bridges with black rectangles ?
-
I totally agree with Ken and Al. To summarize : - Bugs and suggestions for v5 in the pinned thread : PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2 - demos and "almost slideshow" in the PicturesToExe Presentations - other subjects in a new thread with the version of PTE (v4.48 or v5) to which it is related to in the optional Topic Description. This way, everybody will be happy and it will be easier for each of us to read the specific topic you're interested too. (even if myself I'm definitely an addicted "RAT" ).
-
Al, I was really wondering what is the best way to display the images it and I must admit that I am not fully happy with those "full screen 80% opacity" display. Your suggestions are really interesting. Thank you. I would really like to have feelings of other people because I will use a lot of route progress in my future slideshow and I don't want to miss it because of inappropriate "artistic" choices... Thank you everyone !
-
In my case, I have a "big" project in the box : my last trip - 17 days - in Libya where I had the opportunity to see a full solar eclipse (It was not a coincidence ). I can't start this project with v4.48 because I would have to start if again quite from scratch with v5. That's why I can't wait the v5 final release !
-
Yes, it can be done and you don't have to start from scratch. Actually, you have to add a under layer. It will be the parent object. Let's call him "Master". Here are the steps you must follow : - add this "master" as a new object (this object has to have exactly the same aspect ratio as your map. You could use a frame but if you don't want to deal with it, use your map image for this object) - copy all your objects (except the "master") and paste them as sub-objects of your "Master" (to do so, you have to select the "Master" before you paste the objects) - delete all the objects you just copied (you have to do it this way because you can't make a cut/paste right now, only copy/paste). - just to verify that everything is ok, play your show. At this step, it should look exactly the same way as it was - add your boat as a sub-object of the "Master" and define appropriate keypoints to follow the route progress. - add your bridges as sub-objects of the "Master" (this way, the boat will sail under your bridges). - apply pan & zoom to the "Master". It should work...
-
Here is how I see you could do it : The boat is not a part of your bars. It is an independant object that you will put just at the end of your route progress and over your map (bring to front). Now that you have done the bars, the boat is really a piece of cake : You will need to add as many keypoints to this object as the route changes its direction. And in the same time, you will rotate the boat to follow the direction of the route. I think you will understand what i mean by studying my "RoadMap" project (in my signature below). For a first try, the dot should be easier to do though because you don't have to deal with the rotating. Last thing : you gonna have to add independant bridges (small .png files) if you want your boat (or your doat) to go "under" them. To make it "run", you will have to bring those bridges to front (over the boat or dot). Don't hesitate if you need more help. I'm really interested to see your final result. Good work !
-
Thank to you Ken, this forum is a very good opportunity to improve my english.
-
Oops, I gave you a wrong link. Sorry. I modified the name of the file on my ftp. Should be ok right now (same link). Thank you for telling me Ken.
-
I still don't undesrtand why. Could you please give me some more explanations. Thanks. I'm definitely gonna have a look at it ! Really astute !
-
Ken, What is "plain jane" ? Thanks.
-
Two other little suggestions for a future version : - a time ruler in % above the O/A timeline - a balloon help for time keypoints (sometimes some of them are so close that you can see what their time is) Igor, please, tell me if those constant suggestions bother you and if you would prefer that I make them after the final release...
-
Or even "PZRCO" to include "Center" ! (same abbreviations in french too)
-
Lin out of state for next week - no email or web
thedom replied to Lin Evans's topic in General Discussion
I miss you already. -
Q: Is it possible to offer viewer clickable options?
thedom replied to Ralph's topic in General Discussion
Ken, Thank you very much for those very interesting links. Ron, I didn't find 'One Page Menu' tutorial' on your website. And will your pdf tutorial on the 'PTE Organisor' be free ? -
Hi Merlin, May be I'm wrong but I think Igor already answer your question (before you ask it). See post #2.