WnSoft Forums

Music - Personal Playlists

Dudley

I have finished my first show and added some music via the project options box & the music plays back fine when I play it on the small view window - but when I "Preview" the show I hear no music !! - when I use the "synchronise music & slides" I get a message "When you use Synchronise music and slides you cannot use personal playlist of slides"

What is a personal playlist of slides ?? I have spent hours searching downloads and discs and know I have done something stupid - how do I get the music to play in Preview mode?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dudley

I am assuming you are using the preview button to run your show?

Assuming you have added your music via the project options/music tab? & ticked the synchronise music & slides box?

Click the first slide in your show, then click the icon to the right of the preview button, your show should open in a full screen and the music should play.

If it doesn't, check the slides with the customise slides buttons & make sure you haven't inserted your music via that route.

I pick up more from a demo than reading yards of text, just keep trying & it'l come right in the end. ;)

Yachtsman1

when I use the "synchronise music & slides" I get a message "When you use Synchronise music and slides you cannot use personal playlist of slides"

Dudley,

You get this message when you add a sound to a slide (Customize Slide | Music tab) and tick the option "Synchronise music & slides" (Project options | Main tab).

You will have this message even if you removed all sound to slides but left the option "Play new background music file(s)" ticked for one or several slides.

I guess you added music in project options too and associated at least a slide to a sound.

Untick the option "Synchronise music & slides" and I think you should be able to hear the music in "Preview" mode.

The problem is you might loose synchronisation of music and slides if you watch your show on a pc that is more or less powerfull than yours.

I really recommend you to mix all your music and sounds in a sound editor (like Audacity), remove your sounds added to slides and only use the project options to add music (Project Options | Music tab).

Dudley,

Let me propose to read the FAQs provided by Peter (fh1805), see here.

Regards,

Xaver

Thank you kindly. I had followed these instructions. In the end I deleted the music and reinserted it and it works fine. The matter had been confused by the fact that I had earlier entered and deleted some music to one slide only.

Dudley

Thank you kindly. I had followed these instructions. In the end I deleted the music and reinserted it and it works fine. The matter had been confused by the fact that I had earlier entered and deleted some music to one slide only.

Dudley

Hi Dudley

I am assuming you are using the preview button to run your show?

Assuming you have added your music via the project options/music tab? & ticked the synchronise music & slides box?

Click the first slide in your show, then click the icon to the right of the preview button, your show should open in a full screen and the music should play.

If it doesn't, check the slides with the customise slides buttons & make sure you haven't inserted your music via that route.

I pick up more from a demo than reading yards of text, just keep trying & it'l come right in the end. ;)

Yachtsman1

Thank you kindly. Yes I am using the Preview button as well as the smaller inset screen. I did follow your instructions and checked every slide where I found no personal music. It was your reply that made me persevere. In the end I deleted the music and reinserted it and it works fine. The matter had been confused by the fact that I had earlier entered and deleted some music to one slide only. Thanks again.

Dudley

Dudley,

You get this message when you add a sound to a slide (Customize Slide | Music tab) and tick the option "Synchronise music & slides" (Project options | Main tab).

You will have this message even if you removed all sound to slides but left the option "Play new background music file(s)" ticked for one or several slides.

I guess you added music in project options too and associated at least a slide to a sound.

Untick the option "Synchronise music & slides" and I think you should be able to hear the music in "Preview" mode.

The problem is you might loose synchronisation of music and slides if you watch your show on a pc that is more or less powerfull than yours.

I really recommend you to mix all your music and sounds in a sound editor (like Audacity), remove your sounds added to slides and only use the project options to add music (Project Options | Music tab).

Great reply thank you. In the end I deleted the music and reinserted it and it works fine. The matter had been confused by the fact that I had earlier entered and deleted some music to one slide only and I eventuially found the one that was ticked which when removed resolved the problem. You have preserved my sanity.

Dudley