WnSoft Forums

How to show images full screen in PTE

I am sure that some other Forum Members will be as confused as I am on this topic so I thought I would post the following question:

I have a flat screen monitor with dimensions as follows:

22 inch screen

1680 x 1050 Resolution

I crop all of my images to match the above resolution.

In PTE, I set the Screen tab in Project Options, as per the attachment below.

However, when I preview the slide show, the image does not display full screen - why?

Ron

post-925-1244454616_thumb.jpg

The settings that you describe SHOULD give you a full screen 16:10 show.

They certainly do for me - 16:10 (1920x1200).

The size I use is 1680 x 1050 Would this make the difference?

How do they look in O&A screen - do they fit the "window" there?

No! They do not fit the whole screen. I am really expecting them to fill my monitor screen completely.

DaveG

Ron,

Are you talking about an external LCD Monitor or the monitor of your laptop?

It sounds like your external monitor is bigger than 1680x1050 and by setting the Fixed Size Of Slide you are making the 1680x1050 images show at actual pixels instead of "Fit to Screen".

Check your monitor resolution and the resolution of your images.

DaveG

Ron,

I was going to chip in on the same lines as DaveG by asking you what happens if you untick "Fixed size of slides".

You have asked PTE to build your sequence to a 16:10 aspect ratio and to show it "Fullscreen". Leave it at that and let the software make the remaining decisions for you.

regards,

Peter

Ron,

I was going to chip in on the same lines as DaveG by asking you what happens if you untick "Fixed size of slides".

You have asked PTE to build your sequence to a 16:10 aspect ratio and to show it "Fullscreen". Leave it at that and let the software make the remaining decisions for you.

regards,

Peter

I tried 'unticking' the 'Fixed size of slide' and it appeared to make no real difference on my desktop computer but I feel sure that it will make a difference if played on a laptop wth a different screen resolution.

(due to the up/downscaling of the images). I can't check this at the moment because my laptop is not working properly.

Ron.

Now I have it right!

My images are cropped to 1680 x 1050

My desktop monitor is running at it's native resolution of 1680 x 1050

I have done as Peter has suggested and set Project Options to run at 'Full Screen' at aspect ratio 16:10

My images are now displayed full screen.

Thank you all for your help!

Ron

Ron,

If you now take the EXE file to some other computer that has a different resolution to yours, PTE will keep the aspect ratio that you set and will adjust the overall size of your images so that they fit. Typically, because you will be going from a wide-screen to a squarer screen, that would give you a black band at the top and the bottom and your image would fit from side to side with nothing cropped off. That is what Fullscreen means in PTE: "fill the screen as best you can without cropping anything and without stretching or shrinking the image on either axis".

regards,

Peter