WnSoft Forums

Saving Projects in Progress?

Noggs

Hi

Please help :(

How can I save a project that is currently being worked on without 'creating' a non editable .exe file?

The 'Save' or 'Save As' option has only .pte extension available, and when I try to open one of these I receive an 'error' message something about a problem with 'Win32' files?

At the moment my project is in the PTE window when the program opens, but I am loath to potentially 'loose it' by opening, or starting something elsehttp://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif

Thanks

Noggs

Welcome to the world of PTE A-Vs and the user forum Noggs, you will find lots of friendly help and advice here.

This forum is a great source for advice, guidance and ideas. The sense of community here helps make working with PTE more creative and pleasurable.

How can I save a project that is currently being worked on without 'creating' a non editable .exe file?

While working on your AV project you can "file>save as" "my project X" where

my project = your project name

X = the current point of development eg. 1, 2, 3 etc.

This gives you a PTE file that can be reloaded anytime and reworked also preserving your current working version.

The 'Save' or 'Save As' option has only .pte extension available, and when I try to open one of these I receive an 'error' message something about a problem with 'Win32' files?

.pte is the default PTE project file extension. If you have this file type associated with PTE in Windows it should open PTE and load the project when you click on it.

If you load PTE then use "file>open" it will show all .pte project files in the selected folder.

At the moment my project is in the PTE window when the program opens, but I am loath to potentially 'loose it' by opening, or starting something elsehttp://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif

Just save it as above and then start anything else.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest you now download Lin and Jeff's excellent "PTE USER GUIDE" PDF document, which you will find under the Tutorial section of the forum. It will answer all/most of your questions and save you hours.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7202

Noggs,

The .pte file is the Project file you use to create a exe file. PTE does not open or edit compiled exe slideshows ... it only opens .pte files.

All you have to do is use File | Save or File | Save As from the top menu bar. Save will overwrite a current opened .pte file ... whereas Save As can create a new filename of the current opened .pte file.

*You also have the option to save your ongoing Project file work as a template project file. See File | Templates | Create Template from this Show from the top menu bar.

Hope I have understood your file save issue.

Hi Guys

:)

Thanks for that - I think I get it!

You need to open the .pte file from either:

1) WITHIN the program (i.e. Open 'Pictures to Exe' first) or

2)'Right click' the icon and OPEN WITH 'Pictures to Exe'

Simply double-clicking on the icon, as I was trying, does not work!

Once again - Cheers :P

Noggs,

Simply double-clicking on the icon, as I was trying, does not work!

To add to Peters post above :

It appears when you originally installed the picturestoexe-setup.exe installer you may have failed to select the checkbox "Associate Pictures To Exe with the .pte extention" during the initial septup process.

The easiest way to restore or establish the .pte file association ... just run your picturestoexe-setup.exe installer again and make sure you enable the proper checkbox.