WnSoft Forums

Timing of audio and pics

San'dy

Guest Yachtsman1
Hello, First post here. Looked for an answer but didn't find anything.

Can the display time of a few certain pics be customized for a specific time, say 1 second, and still have the entire slide show sync'ed to the audio file?

Thanks,

San'dy

Hi San'dy

To try to explain the timing of slides to soundtrack I could write a book, I suggest you re-read the manual at the correct section, there is loads of info there. However, I was new to all this once. I assume you have a number of slides you want to display during a particular piece/s of music? The baseline being the length of the piece of music? Say the music lasts for 3 mintutes & you have 10 slides, 3x60 divided by 10 = 18 seconds per slide, we usually start & finish a show with a black slide, so to allow the black slides to appear for 5 seconds each, you need to reduce the picture slide times to suit. so set your slide times as follows, black slide 5 seconds, picture slides 17 seconds each black slide 5 seconds. Setting the slide times this way, use the Project Options tab, main page bottom left TIME Interval For New Slides, set to 17 seconds, then click the Set for existing Slides button. Click OK. Next, click on your first black slide to highlight it, then click the Customise Slide button, change time to 5 seconds, tick the box top left "USE customised Settings For This Slide", click OK. Repeat for your last black slide. You should now have your slides displayed for the length of your music.

Good Luck

Yachtsman1

Thanks for the reply. After posting I continued on to the user manual. Looks as if I was on the right track after all from your suggestions. What you suggested did help and offered a few ideas to play with. I also discovered the time line feature to see what is happening. Thanks once again.

Hi San'dy

To try to explain the timing of slides to soundtrack I could write a book, I suggest you re-read the manual at the correct section, there is loads of info there. However, I was new to all this once. I assume you have a number of slides you want to display during a particular piece/s of music? The baseline being the length of the piece of music? Say the music lasts for 3 mintutes & you have 10 slides, 3x60 divided by 10 = 18 seconds per slide, we usually start & finish a show with a black slide, so to allow the black slides to appear for 5 seconds each, you need to reduce the picture slide times to suit. so set your slide times as follows, black slide 5 seconds, picture slides 17 seconds each black slide 5 seconds. Setting the slide times this way, use the Project Options tab, main page bottom left TIME Interval For New Slides, set to 17 seconds, then click the Set for existing Slides button. Click OK. Next, click on your first black slide to highlight it, then click the Customise Slide button, change time to 5 seconds, tick the box top left "USE customised Settings For This Slide", click OK. Repeat for your last black slide. You should now have your slides displayed for the length of your music.

Good Luck

Yachtsman1