WnSoft Forums

problem copying wedding photos onto dvd

I'm ready to rip my hair out. I just got married and my photographer told me to copy the DVD of proofs. Usually a simple thing to do but my hard drive crashed a week before the wedding. I had it replaced but ever since I can't burn DVDs by copying folders to the E drive. My duo stick won't even work in it. Is there another way to burn my wedding photos through dvd ?

Guest Yachtsman1

Are you sure your replacement drive is a DVD burner? Did it come with it's own software? Is there any reason why you can't copy them to a CD? If the files are to big for a CD, split them up into smaller packages not exceeding 500mb and copy to CD. A lot of ifs I know.

Yachtsman1

Juliet Smith

I can't burn DVDs by copying folders to the E drive. My duo stick won't even work in it. Is there another way to burn my wedding photos through dvd ?

Are you not able to select the folder(s) or image(s) and use the SEND TO windows (right-click) menu option which uses your windows resident disc burning program ? Make sure your sending it to your DVD Drive referenced/listed.

Windows SEND TO burns in the data format (which is what you want to do) and not dvd movie format. Windows burn to disc function will not accept DVD-RW discs on XP systems because of its program limitations.

If your not able to use the Windows resident burn program ... you must use a 3rd party burn program and burn your files to disc using a Data Disc format.

by the way ... Congratulations !

Additional Note:

Make sure your DVD Drive is enabled for recording when using Windows resident burn functions ... see attachment.

post-45-1246539153_thumb.jpg