WnSoft Forums

PTE's YouTube upload... Top of the image is cut off...

goddi

Greetings,

I am trying to use PTE's YouTube upload process in 5.6.4. The show is saved in 4:3. However, when I start the PTE process to upload the show to YouTube, I see that the top part of an image in the opening of the show is cut off a bit at the top. (Maybe this happens at the bottom too, but I didn't have a graphic down at the bottom).

This happens with both the SD and the HD selection. I didn't continue with the process. When I created the show, I put everything within the "safe TV zone".

Is this normal is do I have to move everything even more within the "safe TV zone"?

Gary

Added Later: I attached a Word file with the original image and the image as it looks in the PTE's YouTube upload process.

YouTubeUpload.doc

Greetings,

I am trying to use PTE's YouTube upload process in 5.6.4. The show is saved in 4:3. However, when I start the PTE process to upload the show to YouTube, I see that the top part of an image in the opening of the show is cut off a bit at the top. (Maybe this happens at the bottom too, but I didn't have a graphic down at the bottom).

This happens with both the SD and the HD selection. I didn't continue with the process. When I created the show, I put everything within the "safe TV zone".

Is this normal is do I have to move everything even more within the "safe TV zone"?

Gary

Added Later: I attached a Word file with the original image and the image as it looks in the PTE's YouTube upload process.

Did you size the images to the correct size for Utube?

My guess is that you sized them at 1024 x768 and that will not work!

Ron

Ron

================

Ron...

I did look around the Forum but I could not see anything that suggested the requirement to resize all the images just so they would work in YouTube. All this is not too clear to me. The images in this show are 1000x750 and the slideshow is created the the 4:3 aspect ratio.

However, I did see the statement that "YouTube requirements for 4:3 is 640x480". So I went into the Custom settings for the PTE's YouTube publishing window and chose 640x480. I ran the PTE's YouTube publishing window again and it looks like that works. The graphic was not cut off. Is this the way to do it???

Gary

================

Ron...

I did look around the Forum but I could not see anything that suggested the requirement to resize all the images just so they would work in YouTube. All this is not too clear to me. The images in this show are 1000x750 and the slideshow is created the the 4:3 aspect ratio.

However, I did see the statement that "YouTube requirements for 4:3 is 640x480". So I went into the Custom settings for the PTE's YouTube publishing window and chose 640x480. I ran the PTE's YouTube publishing window again and it looks like that works. The graphic was not cut off. Is this the way to do it???

Gary

Yes I think that you have solved your problem!

Ron

Ron

===================

Ron...

I finally figured out a way to get it onto YouTube. I figured out how to get the PTE slideshow up on YouTube in HD 1280x720, with aspect ratio in 16:10. They really look fantastic compared to what I have done in the past.

I did not resize any images. I originally had the show in 4:3. I changed the aspect ratio in PTE to 16:10 and chose HD in the 'Publish on YouTube' window in PTE. I think this is a 'sweet spot' for me. It really came out nice.

If you want to see them, try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

One is in English and one is in Spanish. The title of the English version is 'The Story of Ramses - AHURA' and the one in Spanish is called 'La Historia de Ramses - AHURA'. Another way to find them with Search is using 'AHURA Ramses'.

Anyway, wow...the PTE shows can look great on YouTube.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thats a nice one ~ even works on Win 2000 in 'full screen' with 256.mB Memory.

Excellent quality, but one has to allow for some 'zoom-jerk' with these Win 2000's

but thats normal. 'Duo-Core' Win XP's are perfect. Well done...

Brian (Conflow)

• 2 weeks later...
===================

Ron...

I finally figured out a way to get it onto YouTube. I figured out how to get the PTE slideshow up on YouTube in HD 1280x720, with aspect ratio in 16:10. They really look fantastic compared to what I have done in the past.

I did not resize any images. I originally had the show in 4:3. I changed the aspect ratio in PTE to 16:10 and chose HD in the 'Publish on YouTube' window in PTE. I think this is a 'sweet spot' for me. It really came out nice.

If you want to see them, try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

One is in English and one is in Spanish. The title of the English version is 'The Story of Ramses - AHURA' and the one in Spanish is called 'La Historia de Ramses - AHURA'. Another way to find them with Search is using 'AHURA Ramses'.

Anyway, wow...the PTE shows can look great on YouTube.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I am new tp PTE and have produced a number of audio visuals which I want to upload onto you tube.

Please advise where I can change the aspect ratio in PTE and the resolution.

Thank you,

Colin

Hi Gary,

I am new tp PTE and have produced a number of audio visuals which I want to upload onto you tube.

Please advise where I can change the aspect ratio in PTE and the resolution.

Thank you,

Colin

===============

Hi Colin,

You can find these by choosing 'Project Options'. In the 'Screen' tab, you will see 'Aspect Ratio of Slides' and 'Virtual Size of Sides'. I am really no expert on what to use here. For example, I don't understand when or why you would choose 'Fixed Size of Slide'. Others are much more in tune to how these choices will affect the slideshow. But I hope this points you in the right direction.

Gary

===============

Hi Colin,

You can find these by choosing 'Project Options'. In the 'Screen' tab, you will see 'Aspect Ratio of Slides' and 'Virtual Size of Sides'. I am really no expert on what to use here. For example, I don't understand when or why you would choose 'Fixed Size of Slide'. Others are much more in tune to how these choices will affect the slideshow. But I hope this points you in the right direction.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for quick reply. I will certainly try that.

I have watched your audio visual and enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

Will let you know if I have any success.

Best wishes,

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

I am not using a PC that has PTE installed right now but if I remember correctly, on the first YouTube upload window in PTE, I think there is a parameter called Pan & Scan.

For a 4:3 slideshow (screen aspect in PTE), if you want to avoid this problem of image cutted of (top and bottom) in YouTube, you have to disable this option in PTE.

(it is enabled by default for 16:9 format).

I think the reason is that the default YouTube video aspect ratio is 16:9 now (or 16:10 ?).