WnSoft Forums

Music Problem

Are you putting your music into PTE via the Project Options > Music tab?

Do it this way and you should be OK

That's exactly where I'm adding the music track. I can hear it only when I watch the slideshow in the small window within the PTE software.

The other problem I have is that some effects on my slides don't show in that small window within the software, but they appear to function fine in the actual slideshow or preview.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest Yachtsman1

That's exactly where I'm adding the music track. I can hear it only when I watch the slideshow in the small window within the PTE software.

The other problem I have is that some effects on my slides don't show in that small window within the software, but they appear to function fine in the actual slideshow or preview.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Is the music an MP3 file?

Yachtsman1

Story Teller,

Its possible you may be using a protected music file such as DRM protection which will limit your usage/copying of the music. How/where did you get your music file ?

Some Microsoft details on DRM

Q. What do DRM, protected files, and media usage rights mean?

A. DRM, which stands for digital rights management, is a technology used by content providers, such as online stores, to control how the digital media files you obtain from them are used and distributed. A file that is protected with DRM requires media usage rights to be delivered with the file. The media usage rights define how the protected file can be used. For example, a right may give you the permission to play the file on your computer (a play right), burn the file to an audio CD (a burn right), or sync the file to a portable device (a sync right). Each right can have certain qualities, such as the following:

The right to play a file on your computer an unlimited number of times

The right to sync a file to two portable devices five times per month

The right to burn a file to an audio CD twice

A second kind of protected file is one that was created when copy protection was turned on when you ripped music from an audio CD.

It is not possible to remove DRM from a protected file. However, if you have a file that was copy-protected when ripped from a CD, you can turn copy protection off and then rip the file again. For more information, see How do I turn off copy protection when ripping music from a CD?

Note that in earlier versions of the Player, media usage rights were called licenses.

Q. How do I tell whether a file is protected and what I can do with it?

A. To determine whether a file is protected, do one of the following:

Display the Protected column in the library. For information about displaying columns in the library, see Windows Media Player Help.

Right-click a file you are playing in the List pane, click Properties, and then click the Media Usage Rights tab (called the License tab in Windows Media Player 10). If the file is protected, the terms appear in the box that is displayed. If nothing appears in the box, either the file is not protected or the file is protected but the rights are not present on your computer. If nothing appears in the box, it might be due to one of the following reasons:

The file is not protected.

Your computer is missing the media usage rights for the file.

The media usage rights for the file have expired.

The file has not been downloaded to your computer. For example, the file might be subscription content that is stored on an online store's Web site.

Create an auto playlist of protected files in your library. To do so, use the criteria Protection is present in the auto playlist. (An auto playlist called Music tracks with content protection is included with Windows Media Player 10 that you can view to identify protected music files in your library. For information about viewing the auto playlist, see Windows Media Player Help.)

Digital Rights Management

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Rights_Management

Their website states "unlimited use" so hopefully that shouldn't be the issue.

Have you tested and built your slideshow with other music file(s) inserted instead of this current issue music file to see if the music plays in the preview and compiled slideshow ?

I know this is not a terribly helpful post, but this isn't an issue that we see reported about PicturesToExe, so it is more likely to be some issue on your own computer.

Is there any way you can try a different piece of music as has been suggested, perhaps something from your own CD collection just to illiminate that sound file.

Then, if you have the ability to try your sequence in another PC, that would tell you quite a lot if it worked OK there, then you know the issue is on your PC.

Or, if you can save your show as a backup in zip and you can send us a link for it we can take a look for you and see what we find. You can use mediafire or www.yousendit.com to send the link

Or, if you can save your show as a backup in zip and you can send us a link for it we can take a look for you and see what we find. You can use mediafire or www.yousendit.com to send the link

Yes I think that this is a good idea. Upload the PTE Project as 'Backup in Zip' and sen me the link as well and I will try to help. I am curious!

Ron