WnSoft Forums

Help: Setting project parameters?

michel_r

I would like to build slide shows that will display the same on a 5:4 or 16:9 PC screen.

I build very simple slideshows where i export the images i want form lightroom (within a say 1000 x 1000 boundary) and then quickly build a slideshow wher i would like to display the images with no resizing (or only downsizing but never upsizing) and the caption of the image under the image at the bottom.

However, and depending on which computer i did build the slideshow on, and at that time taking the screen ratio of the computer, it will display fine on the initial computer but badly (such as caption on top of image or image truncated).

I was not able to well understand the explanation of the help file.

I by the way do not recall having this type of problem with version 4 i had been presently using and assume i am missing something fairly simple here.

Thanks for help.

regards, michel

Hi Michel,

You cannot fill both a 5:4 and a 16:9 without either some distorting of the image or some "cropping" of it. However, I thin the answer to your problem lies in the Project Options...Screen tab. Try setting the first button to Fullscreen and the Aspect ratio to be the same as the aspect ratio of your actual images. This will cause PTE to fit as much of the image as it can on the monitor without cropping anything off.

As for the image sizes themselves: if you do not want any upsizing then you need to make your images to the maximum resolution that you will use. So if the long axis of your largest monitor is 2048 pixels then you should make your images 2048 pixels wide. Then PTE will only ever downsize the image to fit on the smaller monitor.

Hope this helps answer your question.

regards,

Peter

Michel,

I have very little experience of using the Comments feature, however, would the Offset value enable you to move the comment so that it was within your image area in both cases?

If not, then an alternative you might wish to explore would be to add your comment as a child object of the main image via a Text object in O&A. Use the "Insert text template" to set the slide name as the value. Position this text object where you want it, at the size, font and colour that you want and then copy it to the clipboard. Then work steadily through your slides in O&A pasteing the text as a child of every image. Because the text is a child of the image it should appear in the same relative position no matter what the actual displayed size of the image is.

regards

Peter

Michel,

I am going to make a couple of assumptions:

Firstly that your 5:4 screen is 1280x1024.

Secondly that your 16:9 screen is 1920x1080.

You want to make a 5:4 show to fit the monitor with the largest height resolution i.e. 1920x1080.

In project options set FULLSCREEN 5:4 - enter 1350x1080 and tick the Fixed size of slide in pixels.

Insert/add your images and go to O&A. In "Size/Position in pixels of parent" click on Size and it will change the image from "Fit to Screen" to 100% of the resolution of the image i.e. your suggested 1000x1000.

You will see that this does not allow much room for comment without either moving the image upwards (each time!) or dropping the 100% to 90%.

My suggestion would be to make your images 950x950 or 900x900.

The examples show (roughly) what you will see on each monitor - I don't have 1280x1024 or a 1920x1080.

My monitors are 1920x1200 and 1280x800.

DG

post-2488-125252556802_thumb.jpg

post-2488-125252559283_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much to both of you. I do not have an access this evening to my computer but will definitely try your recommendations tomorrow or during the week-end at the latest.

However Dave, I do not recall that i can fix the size of the slides (i believe i run PTE 5.5). I recall fixing fullscreen or windowed mode and then aspect ratio such as 5:4 or 16:9. A m i missing something here?

Also what is O&A?

Thanks , michel

Thank you very much to both of you. I do not have an access this evening to my computer but will definitely try your recommendations tomorrow or during the week-end at the latest.

However Dave, I do not recall that i can fix the size of the slides (i believe i run PTE 5.5). I recall fixing fullscreen or windowed mode and then aspect ratio such as 5:4 or 16:9. A m i missing something here?

Also what is O&A?

Thanks , michel

Michel,

O&A is shorthand for Objects and Animation. If you are using v5.5 why don't you take the free upgrade to v5.6.4? It co-exists with other versions. Just visit WnSoft.com and download it from there.

regards,

Peter