WnSoft Forums

Music to Span Several Slides

dgfitz

I have a presentation that spans 30 slides. I want one track of music to span the 1st 5 slides, another song to span the next 6 slides, different music to span the next 3 slides and so on. I have timed the music so that it is in sync with the affected slides but the music stops after the 1st slide of each group advances. How can I get the music to start and stop on the correct slides?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dave

Have you tried the FAQ section, there is information in there about what you are asking. Have a look, if you still can't fathom it out come back & we'll sort it. However, the easy way is to use the free editing software Audacity, combine your 3 tracks and add them as a single track via the project options tab.

Yachtsman1

Hi David,

First go to Project Options, Main Tab, and uncheck "Synchronize Music and Slides".

Next, from the Main Screen go to the slide where you want the music to begin and click on this slide.

Next click on "Customize Slide" then click on the "Music" Tab.

Put a check beside "Play New Background Music (file)

Click on "Add Music" then navigate to the music file and click on it.

Next open "Customize Slide" for each subsequent slide where you want the music to continue to play and "UNCHECK" "Play New Background Music".

When you come to the slide where you want new music to start, place a check beside "Play New Background Music (file) then click on "Add Music" and navigate to the music file you want to begin at that slide and double click to enter it.

Continue in this way for subsequent slides.

You "must" uncheck "Play New Background Music (file) for each slide where you want the music to continue or the same selection will begin again for each slide.

The other way to do this is to go into Audacity or some other audio editor and create a single MP3 by combining multiple songs. Then you can add them to the Project Options via the Music tab and adjust the slide display time accordingly.

Best regards,

Lin

Dave:

There is another way that should work as as well. (There many ways to skin a cat in PTE)

If you are not planning on any voice-overs etc using the ADD SOUND feature, then this should work for you:

1. PROJECT OPTIONS MUSIC: check “Don’t interrupt sound comment when next slide appears”

2. Then go to the appropriate slides where you want the individual music to start and add the music selection via the ADD SOUND at the top