WnSoft Forums

Emergency, have exe need help with it

mediaservant

My wife and I do freelance computer and media work and a customer approached me with a desperate issue.

5 years ago this customer and his wife were married and the wedding photographer put together a proofs CD with a preliminary album exe and another exe with all the pictures. The photographer went out of business and disappeared, and they have absolutely zero pictures of their wedding except for this CD. They paid hundreds of dollars up front, as well.

The prelim album exe will run if you change the date on your computer to the timeframe it was created, and the other exe will not run, it says the trial is expired. I googled the dialog box message and determined that the exe's were most likely made with this program.

Is there any way to make the exe run? Is there any way to decompile the exe's and get the pics out of them?

The wife of this customer has had periodic emotional distress over the past 5 years because of this problem, and their anniversary is coming up next Friday. He has been told by a number of people that there is no hope, but I think there might be a way to at least get SOMETHING off the cd and onto print. He wants to do something with this as a gift to her for their anniversary.

Any help from anyone (especially the authors) would be appreciated. If requested I can UL the exe files.

Regards,

D.C. Clark

The RestoreStore

Please send me the files and I believe I may be able to extract the images for you.

Email me at:

lin@learntomakeslideshows.net

If you zip up the executables and post a link for me, I'll take a look at them immediately and let you know...

Best regards,

Lin