WnSoft Forums

Different synchro on different PC's

BPvST

I have noticed that the synchro between the music and the slides can vary when shown on different PC's.

I also see differences between pre-view and the actual EXE file on my PC. My PC has no special video card.

What can be the cause and what can I do to solve this?

You can go buy a good video card ! :lol:

Seriously, I am surprised.

Does your slideshow include a lot of animations/effects ?

Even if it does, you shouldn't see any difference between the preview and the exe.

Do you use a single sound file ?

Is it a lot out of synch ?

May be there is no link but you can try to reencode your sound file in your sound editor (like Audacity) and use this new mp3 file to see if it changes anything.

Please read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10324

Hi,

What "differences" are you seeing between preview and exe file? There "shouldn't" be any difference because the preview requires creating a temporary exe file which "should" be identical to what you see after the permanent exe is created. There could be a difference between the mini-viewer and exe file depending on certain circumstances but it's really strange to see a difference between the preview and executable.

Are you hearing synchronization issues with sound on executables or on AVI, Mpeg II or MP4 between different PC's?

Best regards,

Lin

I have noticed that the synchro between the music and the slides can vary when shown on different PC's.

I also see differences between pre-view and the actual EXE file on my PC. My PC has no special video card.

1) What version of PicturesToExe you use?

2) Please check up a state of the next option - "Synchronize music and slides" (in Project options | Main tab). It should be turned on.

Hi,

What "differences" are you seeing between preview and exe file? There "shouldn't" be any difference because the preview requires creating a temporary exe file which "should" be identical to what you see after the permanent exe is created. There could be a difference between the mini-viewer and exe file depending on certain circumstances but it's really strange to see a difference between the preview and executable.

Are you hearing synchronization issues with sound on executables or on AVI, Mpeg II or MP4 between different PC's?

Best regards,

Lin

I see differences between miniviewer and EXE. Some pc's have more or less synchro differences. (it is not much but with some presentations it is annoying)

Hi,

This is probably known but here goes. It has to do with synch so I looked in the forum first.

PTE 5.6 (project option synchronise.... TICKED)

Audacity 1.2.6

Made soundtrack and called it xx v1.mp3

PTE: Added soundtrack. Got slides and music in synchro. Good

Took out a few seconds of sound in Audacity and saved as xx v1.mp3 (same name)

PTE: Removed music and added music in again. The strange thing is that the moving 'timeline' at the bottom of the screen and the sound waves didn't match any more.

Saved soundtrack as xx v2.mp3, removed xx v1.mp3 and added xx v2.mp3 and PTE recognised that the soundtrack was new and everything is OK again.

Regards, Jeff

1) What version of PicturesToExe you use?

2) Please check up a state of the next option - "Synchronize music and slides" (in Project options | Main tab). It should be turned on.

I use 5.6 and I have now changed the settings to "Synchronize music and slides"

I think the problem is solved now. Thank you very much.

See my newest show I just have uploaded. I hope sync is OK now. It looks OK on my PC now.

My link