WnSoft Forums

convert to AVI file

Phil Davies

This is my first request for advice. dont know if i am in the correct section of Pics to exe.

I have produced a presentation and am trying to save it as an AVI file,

my final intentions will be to burn onto DVD that can be played on TV.

I have clicked on to the save as AVI. It goes through the programme. final message saying its saved, but the file will not open and images appear to have been piled on top of each other.

advice would be be appreciated.

do i need to make settings changes before i authorize the conversation to AVI. What settings should i change-if any.

Thanks

Phil.

Phil,

If you are using "CREATE / AVI Video File / Create Custom AVI" then you need to choose a video CODEC other than the PTE Codec.

A little trial and error is sometimes required to find the right one.

Alternatively you could try "Creating HD Video" choose your presets to suit the size of your show and you will have a "better" result which you can play on your PC (or MAC) in MPEG4 format.

Igor recommends EITHER Quicktime or Media Player Classic Homecinema for playback.

If you want to persevere with the AVI then please post the steps you are taking in detail along with the resolution/aspect ratio etc for your show.

DG

Hi Phil,

Firstly, you're in the right section of the forum!

Now, presumably you have done "Create...AVI Video File". If you are intending to produce a DVD for playback through your DVD player-TV combination, why don't you take the "Create...DVD-Video Disc" route and let Video-Builder burn the DVD for you.

If you do your first few burns on DVD-RW discs you will not produce any "silver coasters" if things go wrong during the early attempts.

regards,

Peter

I moved you to this sectioncool.gif

see

[TIP] Playback of H.264 video Important information

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8954

from Dave's entry

"Alternatively you could try "Creating HD Video" choose your presets to suit the size of your show and you will have a "better" result which you can play on your PC (or MAC) in MPEG4 format."

and see how it looks --- your dvd player/tv set up may play it, tho' it will not be same as a full fledged dvd

ken