WnSoft Forums

Copy slides from one project to a second

JRR

My PC is operating on XP and I am using PTE ver 5.60

I was using the "Hawk Method" see FAQ forum when I discovered that I could not fully copy selected collections of files when I was using CTRL + SHIFT + left click to add to an existing collection. I lost the previously selected collection and was left with only the latest grouping of contiguous slides that I was trying to add to the collection. Actually I was left with one less slide than I was trying to add, the one at the end of the intended selection.

I verified that I could do this in Windows Explorer/Explore to make sure I was not expecting too much. I was successful in Windows XP Explorer/Explore.

To fully explain:

I use CNTRL left click to make a collection of individual slides in PTE (or EXPLORE in Windows)

I use SHIFT left click to select a contiguous grouping of slides in PTE (or EXPLORE in Windows)

In EXPLORE when I use CNTRL left click to make a collection of files and then want to add an additional grouping of contiguous files, I keep the CNTRL key down and also hold the SHIFT key when left clicking and all the files I want are selected. But in PTE, I lose the first collection and actually lose the last one of the intended selected grouping.

The same characteristic is there in PTE ver 4.48.

I have not tried it in ver 6 beta.

It is not a major issue, but it slows down copying selected images from one sequence at another