WnSoft Forums

uploading

verhoef

Hi, already several times I tried to upload a project; my connection keeps up going without ever stopping and I don't get any confirmation.

I filled out the complete beechbrook/upload sheet; I used a zip file and a small jpg for the id.; I even sent the files as an attachment to the forum: that succeeded, but even than... no reaction.

It seems that I can't get through whatever I do.

:(

Mike

Mike:

It took me a number of tries to get my shows uploaded.

Your ISP provides a much lower upload speed than download speed. For my shows the difference was like well over an hour to upload and slightly less than 5 minutes to download it (once up there as a test). That was a 35mb show being uploaded by a highspeed cable connection. (I used a friend's computer as I only have dial-up :( )

I found it best to start the upload and then go do something else and it eventually goes through. (as they say: A watched pot does not boil)

It is not through until you get a message on the screen saying it is successfully uploaded. You will have a blank grey screen for a long time for the "success" message appears.

There is an e-mail address on the upload page to ask Bill if there are problems at his end.