WnSoft Forums

Issues with the soundtrack display

elm66

Hi there,

I am using the 5.6 version and will be upgrading to 6 but have the following issue:

When I click on the "display soundtrack waveform", a vertical line appears but no waveform is displayed. It looks as if the display of the waveform before the timeline does not appear or is hidden below.

Any idea?

Eric

...When I click on the "display soundtrack waveform", a vertical line appears but no waveform is displayed...

Eric,

Where is this "display soundtrack waveform" option? That's not a button or command line option that I recognise.

Also, what format is your soundtrack file (WAV, MP3, OGG)? How big is the file (in both minutes and seconds, and in Megabytes)? If WAV, then what type (16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit)?

If not MP3, have you tried opening the file in Audacity and exporting as an MP3 at between 128 and 256kbps and then using this MP3 file?

regards

Peter

Eric,

Where is this "display soundtrack waveform" option? That's not a button or command line option that I recognise.

Also, what format is your soundtrack file (WAV, MP3, OGG)? How big is the file (in both minutes and seconds, and in Megabytes)? If WAV, then what type (16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit)?

If not MP3, have you tried opening the file in Audacity and exporting as an MP3 at between 128 and 256kbps and then using this MP3 file?

regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. The waveform button is at the bottom right of the timeline. When I click on it, the waveform (either mixed or with left/right channels) should be displayed. It does not. This seems to be a problem with my XP system as I am successful in displaying it under Vista.

I have one question related to version 6 that I have not tried. I noticed in 5.6 that if I was using a mp3 vbr, it was very difficult to synchronize photos & music as moving the cursor within the track had unreliable effect. Do you notice the same issue with version 6?

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for clarifying what you meant by "display soundtrack waveform". That button is actually called "Show waveform on timeline" (just hover the mouse over it without clicking).

You still haven't told me what kind of sound file it is, WAV, MP3 or OGG. I cannot offer you sound advice (if you'll pardon the pun) if you withhold from me the information that I need to assess the nature of your problem. All I can do is guess.

However, the fact that your sound file behaves correctly under Vista but not under XP suggests to me that it might be a WAV file that has been constructed using Microsoft 32bit float. Other PTE users, including myself, have had unusual and erratic behaviour when using WAV files in this form. Alternatively, it might be that the sound file has been built using audio codecs that do exist on your Vista system but do not exist on your XP system.

I'm still willing to help you but I need the pertinent facts. So, I repeat here the questions that I asked you in my original response:

• What format is your soundtrack file: WAV, MP3 or OGG?
  • How big is the file, in both minutes and seconds, and in Megabytes?
  • If WAV, then what type: Microsoft 16 bit PCM or Microsoft 32bit float?
  • If not MP3, have you tried opening the file in Audacity and exporting as an MP3 at between 128 and 256kbps and then using this MP3 file?

Also, could I ask that you, please, do not add extra problems into this topic for the moment. Let's solve one problem before we move on to the next.

regards,

Peter