WnSoft Forums

Cannot Create in PTE 5.0 Help?

Photodiva

Okay, I admit that I haven't used this program in quite awhile, but I thought I remembered how. I've been able to build the slideshow and test it, but when it comes to Create...it just keeps cycling me back to the popup box to choose where to save it to! I'm at a loss and frankly, very frustrated. Can anyone help me please?

Hi Photodiva,

Firstly, v5.0 is quite an old version. The latest version (6.0) was released recently. You might want to take a look at that at some point.

The sequence of events for Create under 5.0 is usually as follows:

- you click the Create button or select Create...Create As... from the command bar

- you get a standard Windows File Save dialogue window

- using that you navigate to the folder where you want the exe file to be saved

- in the same window you give the exe file the name that you want

- in the same window you click on the Save button

- after a few seconds (during which time the display in the Info bar at the bottom of the PTE window shows the % progress of the Create activity) the File Save dialogue window closes

- job done!

At what point do things start going wrong for you?

And what exactly do you see at that point? (A screengrab would help us to understand the precise symptoms of your problem)

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

What you describe has happened to me, I think the solution is that PTE only created one exe file from your show & it's probably lying somewhere that you can't see it. Re-name the show in the main file, do a save as and watch carefully where you are saving it to, it should be in the main show main folder. Once you've done that do another CREATE using the new name which should be a default of your new name and it should go into the same folder.

Yachtsman1

Hi Photodiva,

I go along with Yachtsman1's suggestion as to the next course of action:

• Open the project in PTE v5.0 and do a File Save As (taking great care to note which folder it is being saved into)
  • Then do Create...Create As and give the exe file a new name (and again note carefully where it is being saved)
  • Then, if you have to, Cancel out of the dialogue box
  • Finally use Windows Explorer to check whether or not the exe file was created under the expected name in the expected folder.

I suspect that some other software upgrade (perhaps a Windows upgrade) or some well-intentioned registry cleaning has corrupted something somewhere.

The solution may be as simple as an uninstall/re-install. Do you still have the download zip file and the registry key file?

regards,

Peter