WnSoft Forums

Objects and Animation

raybridges

I am trying to construct a menu for my AV show using the buttons in Objects and Animation in version 6. Some of my AVs will not run properly when run from a button on the completed menu. The same AVs will run ok when played directly from the desktop pte icons. The AVs were made in various versions of pictures2exe. I have tried version 5.6 with the same result. Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

raybridges,

If your using Run Slideshow or Run Slideshow with Return settings in your Buttons ... the other exe slideshows need to be recompiled to the same PTE version as your Menu slideshow.

Otherwise, if you cannot recompile the older exe slideshows ... you need to use the Run Application settings in your Buttons.

Note:

Its also possible issues are experienced when using restricted names as your slideshow's filename. I will post the list if your not aware of the name restrictions.

raybridges,

If your using Run Slideshow or Run Slideshow with Return settings in your Buttons ... the other exe slideshows need to be recompiled to the same PTE version as your Menu slideshow.

Otherwise, if you cannot recompile the older exe slideshows ... you need to use the Run Application settings in your Buttons.

Note:

Its also possible issues are experienced when using restricted names as your slideshow's filename. I will post the list if your not aware of the name restrictions.

Thank you. Perhaps you could list thename restrictions please.

See this topic which lists the names potentialy dangerous which are prohibited to execute in PTE filestrings or commands. Igor implemented these naming restrictions to stop possible rougue uses of PTE executables :

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9602&view=findpost&p=62990