WnSoft Forums

license agreement

bladerunner41

I am new to this. I'm not even sure if I'm posting right.

I am going to buy the standard version of PTE and according to the "agreement" the software can only be used on one computer or by one user.

My question is(before I buy), if I decide to buy a new computer down the line, can I transfer the software to the new computer?

Also, how can this be done if I don't have a disc?

I have used the trial version in conjunction with PanosFx Snow Globe and just love it.

I just hope once bought, it can be used on future computers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Moe,

Of course you can transfer your software to a new computer. When you buy the software, you receive an unlock code. Just copy this unlock code to other media such as a CD or DVD or Memory Stick and when you get your new computer, just install the program by downloading from the website. After you do this, you just use the unlock code just as you do for the initial installation. The unlock code is read by the Windows registery and stored there so that as you download new upgrades (the main program has lifetime free upgrades) they are automatically detected as registered to you.

You might want to think about getting the deluxe version which includes Video builder. The upgrade portion (Video Builder) has a two year upgrade cycle. What Video Builder allows is output to mp4 h.264, automatic uploads to Vimeo and Youtube, creation and burning of DVD's with menus, chapters, etc., It also allows output to native MacIntosh format and is really worthwhile I think.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Moe,

Of course you can transfer your software to a new computer. When you buy the software, you receive an unlock code. Just copy this unlock code to other media such as a CD or DVD or Memory Stick and when you get your new computer, just install the program by downloading from the website. After you do this, you just use the unlock code just as you do for the initial installation. The unlock code is read by the Windows registery and stored there so that as you download new upgrades (the main program has lifetime free upgrades) they are automatically detected as registered to you.

You might want to think about getting the deluxe version which includes Video builder. The upgrade portion (Video Builder) has a two year upgrade cycle. What Video Builder allows is output to mp4 h.264, automatic uploads to Vimeo and Youtube, creation and burning of DVD's with menus, chapters, etc., It also allows output to native MacIntosh format and is really worthwhile I think.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin for the quick reply. I certainly will look into the deluxe version now.

I agree with Lin's comments about 'Video Builder' and think that the Deluxe version is a worthwhile investment.

I would also suggest that you learn the basics of PTE before embarking on the more powerful options that are available in

this excellent software.

Please feel free to use this forum for any help that you may need - you will find that you will always get a speedy reply.

Welcome!

Ron West