WnSoft Forums

Sorry for Inappropriate Location of Topic But

pahprint

. . . do I go to find out rudimentary information?

Right now PTE doesn't recognise any .jpg files on my HD

Help! Please! I do no often make a commotion but this site is very confusing to a

non-math, kinetic, and totally viual newbie like me..

Please don't crucify me for for postong on the wrong question. PLease be nice.

Hi,

Could you give us some more information. What version of PTE are you using, what is the drive designator where your jpg file are located (C:, D:, F:, etc.) and which operating system and which platform.

Does the version of PTE you are using recognize "any" files? PNG, GIF, etc.??

Best regards,

Lin

Help! Please! I do no often make a commotion but this site is very confusing to a

Hi,

Could you give us some more information. What version of PTE are you using, what is the drive designator where your jpg file are located (C:, D:, F:, etc.) and which operating system and which platform.

Does the version of PTE you are using recognize "any" files? PNG, GIF, etc.??

Best regards,

Lin

Yers, of course, that should have been de rigeur should it not?

Using 6.0.1

I am unsure about what you mean by drive designator but for some reason which I never bothered to chase down during the mayhem of putting a new system together, the drive where the camera images (and the music files) are is called My Passport I:

I always thought that was a bit odd.

6.0.1 is not seeing any as far as I can tell, not even system resident crap up in 'My Pictures,' etc,

Almost forgot, used XP Pro out of an office, and I am unsure what a platform is. The remainder of the drives are configured in the normal Windows mannr, C (system), D, E ,F ,G etc.

My Passport is an EXTERNAL drive. Unless you plug the thing in you will not see it, or what is on it.

Can you see the images in some other program like, Win. Explorrer, Photoshop, Win Viewer?

Generaly it has a brown cover in a black soft case.

If you have plugged the My Passport in but it is not visible in Windows Explorrer than you have to see if your computer USB contacts/card is properly enabled.

And we are all nice here.

Laszlo

Hi,

O.K., now we have somewhere to start from. By the way a drive designator is A: B : C: D: E: F: G:, etc., with a Windows default being C:. A "Platform" means whether you are using a Windows or Mac or Linux, etc. configuration.

There should be a "letter" after the "My Passport" and I believe that is "I:" as you mentioned below. So the first thing you want to do is see whether PTE is seeing the "I:" drive at all.

So open PTE then look at the top left quadrant of the screen and you should see a series of drive designators such as A: C: D: and among them "I:".

If you do not see "I:" then your My Passport drive is not being recognized by the operating system for some reason. If you do see it, then click on the drive designator (the little icon with the I:) and navigate to a folder where you are "certain" you have jpg files.

Click on "View" and choose "Classic" and tell us what appears in the slide list.

Best regards,

Lin

Yers, of course, that should have been de rigeur should it not?

Using 6.0.1

I am unsure about what you mean by drive designator but for some reason which I never bothered to chase down during the mayhem of putting a new system together, the drive where the camera images (and the music files) are is called My Passport I:

I always thought that was a bit odd.

6.0.1 is not seeing any as far as I can tell, not even system resident crap up in 'My Pictures,' etc,

Almost forgot, used XP Pro out of an office, and I am unsure what a platform is. The remainder of the drives are configured in the normal Windows mannr, C (system), D, E ,F ,G etc.

PAPRINT,

You also wrote..."Almost forgot,using XP Pro out of an office" and you are using "My Passport"....

If this Computer came from a 'Hotel PC System' or from an 'Supermarket/Office-Network System' which

is using My-Passport as a 'Daily Business-Journal' its certain that its also using a special Software

package which controls the operation of the My-Passport Drive. This is standard practice where cash and

booking orders are processed. Its designed as a security feature of such operations and you will not be

able to access any My Passport Drives even if you plug such a device into that Computer.

These 'Passport-Drives' are strictly controlled by the System-Administrator and as you do not have these

permissions (nor the Log-in Codes) you will be denied access to such Drives.

You have 3 problems to overcome before you can get full control over this XP-Computer,viz:-

1)

You will need the services of a good Computer-Technician who may be able to gain access to the original

PC-Administrator Account and change or delete that and set you up as the sole Administrator.

2)

You will need to create a new Administrator-Account will full permissions and get an original My Documents

on to the Desktop including a new Recycle-Bin.

3)

You will need to "Uninstall" any 'System-Business-Programs' used by the original PC-Owners. If this is not done

these programs will forever interfere with your new PTE activities.

If you do not understand these Instructions please personally consult with somebody who knows about these things

as unfortunately its not the purpose of this Forum to give a 'step-by-step' Tutorial on how to do these things.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Brian (Conflow)

Hi Lin,

Sorry for the delay getting back. Have not been feeling well over the past couple of days.

Hi,

O.K., now we have somewhere to start from. By the way a drive designator is A: B : C: D: E: F: G:, etc., with a Windows default being C:. A "Platform" means whether you are using a Windows or Mac or Linux, etc. configuration.

Good, had forgotten what a platform was, Duh. Thank-you.