WnSoft Forums

Screen Saver does not start [SOLVED]

ovbg

Hi there,

I've been using this program for a while now, and have not had a problem until now. I just installed Win7 64bit on my machine and have recreated the screensaver with a few more pictures. It works perfectly in the preview within PicturesToExe, but when I saved the actual screensaver, and moved it to the System32 folder. Win7 can see it, and I can choose it, but it can't run it. I get the error message: "Slideshow file not found", followed by the location where I saved the screensaver (.scr format)

Has anyone had this before?

What happens if you put the .scr file in a different folder location then point to this new location? Since I don't have a Windows 7 system, I'm not certain how 64 bit Win 7 handles 32 bit files, but the fact that you can run the preview means that a valid PTE exe file can be run on your system. Can you run the .scr file with the "Run" command? If so, it sounds as if Windows 7 may have some restriction about files in the System32 folder.

Can you run other screen savers from the System32 folder?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have just found the solution. In older windows, I'd just copy the file across. But this time, I right-clicked it from another folder and selected "install". It seems to work now. I guess Win7 doesn't like these executable files just dumped into the system32 folder.

...interesting.

Once again, thanks :o)