WnSoft Forums

Video builder license

Gnimble

Hi everyone,

I was pretty active using Pictures2Exe over two years ago, but work got in the way; so I stopped... including my wedding photography business. Fast forward two years later and I still have one client left who are waiting for their pictures. Because of such a long wait (over 2 years) for their pictures, I've decided to print their albums and create their DVD slideshows for free of charge before exiting the business. Now unemployed and heading back to school; I found out that my Video Builder license expired roughly 5 months ago so I'm not able to use it with Pictures2Exe 6.0. I'm not sure if I can use it with the older version of Pictures2Exe even if I can find an older version somewhere. I would like to upgrade again to version 6.0 but am short on cash to pay the full cost of $35 for Pictures2Exe 6.0 Deluxe (I'm registered for the basic, not not the deluxe). Is there like a $20 upgrade to the latest Video Builder like before? It will probably be only used once to create the wedding slideshow and promptly forgotten as I go into my new field of study.

Thanks.

Cheers,

-Gnim

If you purchased the de-lux version originally, you will still be able to use video builder.

Yachtsman1.

I thought so too, especially when I entered the video builder registration key; the dialog box said it was successfully applied. But when I create videos, I get the message below scrolling across the screen at set intervals. I'm not doing anything special either, just creating the DVD menu and select the PTE projects for the DVD authoring as I did a few times in the past.

"This video file created with trial version of WnSoft Video Builder."

Thanks,

-Gnim

Gnimble,

I'm afraid Yachtsman1 has unintentionally mis-lead you. You stated that your VideoBuilder key expired about five months ago. This means that it will work with any PTE release that you installed prior to its expiry. It will not work with any release that you have installed since it expired. If you still have your previous version of PTE installed on your PC, use that rather than PTE v6.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Am I unique?

My video builder bought with my original PTE 5.1 in November 2007 still operates. I thought it was the case that video builder has an expry date on later versions. Burned 50 copies with it in December 2009 :unsure:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric,

The VideoBuilder licence arrangement is indeed difficult to understand (it is, perhaps, the most complicated licence arrangement I've ever come across).

The Video-Builder licence has a life of two years. If, after it has expired, you install a new version of PTE then VideoBuilder will operate in "trial mode" (= scrolling banner) with that new version of PTE.

However, all your previously installed versions of PTE will continue to work with VideoBuilder with full function and no banner. For those versions of PTE that were installed prior to, or during, the two-year Video-Builder licence period, the Video-Builder licence operates as a life-time licence.

The message to all users of Video-Builder is "Hang on to your old versions of PTE. With these old versions you have a life-time licence on both PTE Base and Video-Builder".

regards,

Peter

...I found out that my Video Builder license expired roughly 5 months ago so I'm not able to use it with Pictures2Exe 6.0...

Eric,

He's trying to use a 5-month expired licence with v6. PTE v6 came out in December, so the licence would already be 3-4 months expired. The licence key will not work with v6. If he still has the version of PTE that he bought when he got the licence, it will work with that version of PTE.

regards,

Peter

Eric,

He's trying to use a 5-month expired licence with v6. PTE v6 came out in December, so the licence would already be 3-4 months expired. The licence key will not work with v6. If he still has the version of PTE that he bought when he got the licence, it will work with that version of PTE.

regards,

Peter

May I ask if the pte files I created with v6.0 will work with the previous version of Pictures2Exe? I'm not using any new features, just the old pan and zoom (just zoom in and out) between slides. My old PC is retired, the reason why I downloaded the latest version. I will search for the previous version online; hopefully someone has it somewhere where I can download. I spent so much time on those slideshows and will start school again next week, so will not have a chance to recreate them. I just need to burn one DVD for my last set of slideshows, otherwise, I can try to borrow some money from my brother to upgrade. If I would continue to create more DVDs in the future, I wouldn't mind getting the upgrade, but seeing this might be the last time I use the software; I want to make sure I can use the older software with the newer pte files.

Thanks again,

-Gnim

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Grim

I would think not, you need to use your original version bought before the licence limit came in last year. If I need to burn a DVD I create the show in 5.6 which I bought originally in 2007 when I think it was still 5.00. Although you are not using the new features of PTE 6 series, the licence limit applies on the video builder.

Yachtsman1

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I will upgrade to get the newer Video Builder working with my current slide shows. (If you ever need cash, it's great to have your family close by!) I want to deliver the DVD and slide shows to my client before I fly on a one way trip to Chicago this Thursday. I will save the Pictures2Exe 6.0 binary onto an external CD in case I might use it years from now.

Cheers,

-Gnim

ALSO SAVE all info you have from wnsoft re the registration and the reg key on a cd and keep in a safe place

ken

Thank you for that suggestion. After I ordered yesterday at around 3am, I waited for the key to arrive. I waited until close to 4:00am and still no key. The email said it would be sent within 24 hours so I went to sleep. 21 hours later, I still haven't seen the email with the key so I started to panic. I had only one more day to create the DVD (both wide screen and normal resolution) before delivery. It just occurred to me to check the spam folder just now. The key was sent less than half an hour after ordering the day before and went immediately into that folder.

I'm too exhausted to start the process now. Heading to bed. I hope to get it done before tomorrow ends.

Cheers,

-Gnim