WnSoft Forums

First slide show attempt....Help!!

hexeta

Hi guys,

Well, I've spent all night trying to construct my first slide show! :lol:

There are only 8 slides, but I've only just managed to (almost) perfect the first slide :D !!!

First question is ...is it possible to copy the keyframe points etc. to new slides to sort of automate the process for the remaining slides?

I thought I would try something basic! lol

Slide the pic. in from 45deg.,swivel front and zoom to fill screen, then zoom out, swivel the other way, and exit stage left!

I did want to create a reflection too, but couldn't find out how, so settled for a coloured gradient background and a drop shadow, though I don't seem to have much control over that either!!

Any pointers?? :lol:

Let's get through this first slideshow, then my suggestion would be for you to download and view appropriate tutorials from the Tutorials and Articles section of the forum so you get the basics before trying to do too much. I think I have around 22 or so AVI tutorials covering most of the features which you might use to get started and get a good grasp of the basics.

First - get the first slide exactly like you want the rest to be in terms of the animations.

Second - copy and paste the first slide in the main slide list as many times as you intend to have slides in the show.

Third - at the top right of the main screen (not objects and animations) you will find between "comment" and "add sound" a "change slide" button. Click on this and simply navigate and choose the second slide and all keyframes, timings and sequences you have created for the first slide will now be assigned to the second slide.

Fourth - continue this for the remainder of the slides.

This is how you effectively "copy" the keyframes...

A "reflection" is very easy. What you do is duplicate the main slide in the objects list, use the 3D Transform feature to "flip" the duplicated image vertically and position it with the regular Objects and Animations tools. Probably you will also want to decrease the opacity on the reflected image a little to darken it and make it more natural looking. Leave the checkmark on the "Show Back Side" so when you continue to rotate the image vertically you will see the "flipped" side.

The essence is that you need to learn the basics of how the Pan, Zoom, Rotate, 3D Transform, Opacity and Keyframes, etc., work before you get too enthusiastic with your slidshow effects. It won't take long, to learn, but better to take one step at a time and a good place to begin is to download the AVI tutorials and go at it in a methodical manner to get a good base to work from.

Experimentation will help you, but only if you limit the amount of effects you try to program at at time because when things get too complex, too fast, it creates lots of frustration for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Well done for having a go! but I agree with Lin and suggest that you learn the basics before attempting the more complex stuff, it will pay dividends in the long run and you will avoid the many pitfalls that are lurking in the mist.

Making a first slide show can be daunting but if the basics are understood, then it all becomes so much easier.

Here is part 1 of a tutorial that is available on my web site: Making Your First Slide Show - Basic Level Part 1.pdf

Hope that it helps,

Ron

Thanks Lin and Ronnie,

I persevered after posting and did it the hard way! :lol:

Being tired , I of course made a few mistakes which resulted in some unexpected results :D I knew there would be a simple way of achieving the duplication rather than labouriously copy and pasting the individual settings!! :rolleyes:

I know I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to reading instruction manuals etc. I'm impatient and want to get stuck in right away, however the old maxim "If all else fails, read the instructions" always holds true!

Regarding reflections, I was thinking that I would have to do that in Elements first!...shows how tired I was! :blink:

Anyway, thanks for another sleepless night :)

I'll have a "swat up" on the tutorials before I attempt any more masterpieces. ;)

Quite pleased with my first production though, just waiting for my winter gas bill to see if I can afford to buy a licence! B)