WnSoft Forums

ISO created too big for DVD

Gnimble

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone know how to shrink the size of an ISO image a bit so it would fit into a normal DVD+R disk? I tried to create a DVD disc when Pictures2Exe failed the burn, so I created an ISO image on recommendation from Pictures2Exe and downloaded the ImgBurn software. When I tried to burn the ISO image, I get the following error message:

There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.

Image size: 2,326,338

Disc size: 2,295,104

The DVD+R disk is a brand new disk. The Video Builder still shows a lot of free space during the pte slideshow selection. The DVD disk will contain a collection of slideshows, in addition to a 60s animated menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Gnim

You've got too much data to fit it all on one DVD. You will either have to reduce the amount of data or split it and create two DVDs. All removeable storage devices are of a finite size: and you cannot get more on to them than they are capable of carrying. Fact of digital life, I'm afraid!

regards,

Peter

Gnim,

If your posted sizes are in kb ... that makes your DVD Disc about 2.19 GB

Are your DVD Discs 12cm (diameter) DVD-5 (4.7 GB) type or something else ?

VideoBuilder will also burn your ISO file ... open VB GUI and from the top bar menu select File|Burn ISO Image.

Many users are anxious to burn at the fastest speed possible which can sometimes promote burn issues. Do yourself a favor and move the setting down a few notches to a medium burn speed to obtain less chances of issues.

But as Peter has basically said ... you cannot put more data on a disc than the disc allows. Also allow some space is lost to disc formatting so your not going to get 4.7 GB of data on a 4.7 GB DVD.