WnSoft Forums

Syncing a slide to a specific part of the music

foxylady

Hello,

I am new to this forum and desperately trying to get back into my AV's. I have a competition TOMORROW and really need help. I have tried to find the instructions to do this but cannot find it.

I want to sync a slide to a particular part of a piece of music. Actually it is a slide of a storm and a wave crashing and i need it to sync with a big 'splash' sound in the music track.

How do i do this please. I am not an expert user of PTE ... but would like to be!

Many thanks

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Click on button at bottom right of the session screen - "Show waveform on timeline"

On the timeline - left click on the number of the slide you want to move to highlight it. Hold left mouse

button down on the number and drag left or right to coincide with the sound on the waveform you want.

Regards, Roger.

Hi Wendy,

Click on button at bottom right of the session screen - "Show waveform on timeline"

On the timeline - left click on the number of the slide you want to move to highlight it. Hold left mouse

button down on the number and drag left or right to coincide with the sound on the waveform you want.

Regards, Roger.

This will depend on other factors such as the actual position of the slide on the timeline, the slide that you want to synchonise may be miles away from the sound you are trying to synch to.

It may be a better option to record the sound of the wave crashing (using Audacity or other sound editor) and then adding this sound bite to the actual slide.

Ron