WnSoft Forums

Reference to music file not removed

dpletts

Hello,

I accidentally added a reference to a music file for a particular slide under "Customize slide". I removed it, leaving the music section empty, but never-the-less, the music was still played at Preview. Looking at the .pte file in notepad, I noticed that the reference to the music file was still there. (I have manually changed this, since. How really convenient it is that the .pte file is plain text!)

Originally I had "Synchronize music and slides" switched on, then after removing the reference to the music, I switched it off.

Have I overlooked something?

David

Guest Yachtsman1

Hello,

I accidentally added a reference to a music file for a particular slide under "Customize slide". I removed it, leaving the music section empty, but never-the-less, the music was still played at Preview. Looking at the .pte file in notepad, I noticed that the reference to the music file was still there. (I have manually changed this, since. How really convenient it is that the .pte file is plain text!)

Originally I had "Synchronize music and slides" switched on, then after removing the reference to the music, I switched it off.

Have I overlooked something?

David

Try removing the slide with the reference attached, then add it. :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Try removing the slide with the reference attached, then add it. :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Thanks for that suggestion; I'll try it sometime, although I think I would rather doctor the .pte file direct. But I shouldn't have to do either of these things, should I?

Cheers,

David

David,

What version of PTE are you using and can you consistently reproduce the issue ?

Not saying this is your case ... but often users can mistakenly hit the Cancel or X button instead of the OK button when making changes or adding settings/items. Its real easy to hit the wrong buttons inadvertently. This happens to all of us on one ocassion or another.

Hittng the Cancel or X buttons ignores any additions or changes you may have made.

Hitting the OK button confirms and stores the changes.