WnSoft Forums

PTE MPEG

Lougarou

Hi Iougarou,

That is not so easy to do. If you have the original PTE file then it's very easy, but converting an executable format to video as far as I know would require you to play the executable slideshow and use a screen capture program which also captures audio. There are several of these available, but the "quality" of the capture will vary depending on your hardware. If you have a "very" strong computer with lots of RAM and an excellent video card you "may" be able to get a decent AVI capture which could then be converted for your DVD.

The probability of success is low.

Best regards,

Lin

I HAVE OLD PTE EXEC DIAPORAMAS AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER THEM TO MPEG OR AVI TO PRODUCE DVD FOR TV VIEWING

HELP PLEASE

THANK YOU

lougarou

[email="lucien.gareau@sympatico.ca

Hi Iougarou,

That is not so easy to do. If you have the original PTE file then it's very easy, but converting an executable format to video as far as I know would require you to play the executable slideshow and use a screen capture program which also captures audio. There are several of these available, but the "quality" of the capture will vary depending on your hardware. If you have a "very" strong computer with lots of RAM and an excellent video card you "may" be able to get a decent AVI capture which could then be converted for your DVD.

The probability of success is low.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for the prompt reply. Hardware I think I am OK (I7-920 Ram 4g 64B windowa7 W/* Asus EAH5770 series) only on the capture I am not sure I have Power director 7? had trouble in the past. What do you suggest ? Thanks again Lin

Best regards

lougarou

Hi Iougarou,

There are some free ones, but I "think" you can get a free trial to the "Rolls Royce" of screen capture tools here:

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp?gclid=CNqU5Iqfk6ECFRBLgwod0Q6YNA

You might try it and see how successful it might be...

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for the prompt reply. Hardware I think I am OK (I7-920 Ram 4g 64B windowa7 W/* Asus EAH5770 series) only on the capture I am not sure I have Power director 7? had trouble in the past. What do you suggest ? Thanks again Lin

Best regards

lougarou

Lougarou,

The following Program may help you and I have used it for the past 2 years with good success.

However (as Lin said) the resultant 'quality' will depend on the quality of the Video-System

or Video-card installed on your PC/Laptop. The Program also records the soundtrack, synchronous

to what you see on your Monitor. (Screenshot and Link below)

You can use the 'Free-Trial' of the Program and judge for yourself....Hope it helps !!

(It also features an excellent range of Tutorials)

Brian (Conflow)

Link:

http://www.thesilver.net/

post-1416-127169760954_thumb.gif

Lougarou,

The following Program may help you and I have used it for the past 2 years with good success.

However (as Lin said) the resultant 'quality' will depend on the quality of the Video-System

or Video-card installed on your PC/Laptop. The Program also records the soundtrack, synchronous

You can use the 'Free-Trial' of the Program and judge for yourself....Hope it helps !!

Brian (Conflow)

Link:

Thank you, Lin and Brian, will try both and see. Will reply

lougarou

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Iougarou,

There are some free ones, but I "think" you can get a free trial to the "Rolls Royce" of screen capture tools here:

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp?gclid=CNqU5Iqfk6ECFRBLgwod0Q6YNA

You might try it and see how successful it might be...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Lin

I have tried your suggested program CAMTASSIA, and also the one from Brian (conflow) and found them both to be satisfying for my needs. Now I have to decide wich one to keep !!!

Thank you very much for your help

All the best

lougarou

Lougarou,

Brian (Conflow)

Link:

Hi, Brian

Thank you very much for the help, I have tried both programs (Camtasia from Lin) with success I have to decide wich one to keep.

Have a nice day,

lougarou