WnSoft Forums

rotation from a corner

trailertrash

I want to rotate a pic from the left top corner and have it remain in position while it does so. However when I try it, the slide 'moves' before it asumes the rotation position.

I have each keypoint set up so that the movement finishes at the exact same spot ie the top left corner but to get there the slide seems to 'rise' them move very quickly to the finish position.

Is there a way to get the slide to rotate on the corner without it moving

Many thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

It's not quite clear whether you mean that the slide itself is in the top left position on the screen and you wish it to rotate on its own center in that position or whether you wish the center of rotation to be in the top left corner of the image.

If you want the top left corner of the image itself to be the center of rotation so that the rectangle which describes the image rotates about the corner as if you were to take a piece of paper and place a thumb tack in the top left corner and spin it, then you must move the "center" to that top left corner before setting up the rotation.

You can do this visually by first highlighting the initial keyframe then by holding down the keyboard "shift" key and clicking and holding the left mouse button on the small dot in the very center of your image in Objects and Animations. While holding down these keys, drag the small dot to the upper left corner. Then you can position the image on the screen where you wish and do the rotate via keyframes. As an alternative you can place the values -100 and -100 into the two spaces provided for "center" values.

Best regards,

Lin