WnSoft Forums

Problem (bug?) with version 6.04

mhwarner

I know this can't be something widespread or somebody else would have mentioned it long ago. I have been creating a show in version 6.04. When I clicked on the Timeline button at the bottom to do some work, it never opens and I get the following two error messages "Division by Zero" and "Floating Point Division by Zero". I thought I had lost my project but I was able to save it. I closed PTE then reopened and the error message kept coming up as I moved the cursor around the screen. I finally realized I could click on the "Slides" button and the error would go away. But I cannot get the timeline to open (and the error messages are consistent whenever I click on the Timeline button. I tried reinstalling PTE but it makes no difference.

I found one reference in the forum here http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10607&view=findpost&p=70278 to "Division by Zero" but it was supposedly resolved. I tried it with several different small projects where all files were present and it happens every time. Have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help. I am running Win XP with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 graphics card.

Update: I just loaded 6.5 beta 1 and I have no problem with it regarding the timeline. Strange.