WnSoft Forums

PTE Updates

AmandaMoo

Hello

Please could anyone advise me on how to go back to a previous version of PTE delux? I have recently updated from V5.6 where everything ran smoothly to version 6.0 to encounter error messages when I've given a copy of a slideshow on disc to a client. I would prefer to not use any beta versions as I want to be confident that when I send my clients a slideshow it will definately work properly?

Any advise would be greatly received as I can't use v5.6 now I've installed an updated version?

Many thanks

AmandaMoo

Hi AmandaMoo,

Loading V6.0 does not remove V5.6. It should still be there and can be selected

via Start - All Programs (assuming XP version). Create a shortcut and use this

to start PTE then load the session file.

V6.0 should have worked OK - it is a full working edition.

V6.5 is the current beta version.

Regards, Roger.

Hi Amanda,

Of course, you can use version 5.6 and I am sure your clients will appreciate that you give them asap a slidehow running without any problem.

But as Roger said, version 6.04 is the current version.

If you have problems with version 6, I would recommend to start a new topic with detailed informations of the problems encountered.

Of course, it is possible that some bugs remain in this version and you could help Wnsoft to fix them.

... or may be it's not a bug and a member could probably give you the right way to proceed. :)

Amanda,

New versions of PTE (5.1, 5.5, 5.6. 6.0, beta versions, as well) typically install into new directories, i.e. the old versions remain on the computer. Have a look at your start menu! A typical installation changes the file association, i.e. a double-click on a pte-file opens the project with the new version. If this has happened: Open the program version of your choice via the start menu and open the project from there.

Regards,

Xaver