WnSoft Forums

pte6.5 hangs when using startup screen?

ldlikes

Creating a slideshow on my laptop using the startup screen, using preview the show works. But outputing to a pc exe slideshow clicking on the icon the show will not even open? Unchecking the startup screen--now the show plays but without the startup screen obviously!

Transferring the exact nonplaying slideshow to my desktop. Now it plays?!!! Startup screen and all!!!

I'm using windows 7 on my laptop and vista on my desktop. Both 32 bit systems. Both have the same virus protection software. No viruses on my laptop.

Any ideas on how I can get it to work properly on my laptop?

Dave

Dave,

Another user just recently had the same Startup Screen issue with a EXE compiled in v6.5 ... however, his OS was Win2000 and has not returned any recent response or resolve from my last query. Possibly the issue may be directly related.

Is this .pte project file originally built in a previous PTE version and then resaved in current v6.5 ?

See Topic:

Help, help help...slide shows not working!

*Please upload and attach to your next post a copy of this v6.5 PTE file thats causing your issue for further inspection. Just attach the .pte file and not the external image/resource files for this testing.

Dave,

Another user just recently had the same Startup Screen issue with a EXE compiled in v6.5 ... however, his OS was Win2000 and has not returned any recent response or resolve from my last query. Possibly the issue may be directly related.

Is this .pte project file originally built in a previous PTE version and then resaved in current v6.5 ?

See Topic:

Help, help help...slide shows not working!

*Please upload and attach to your next post a copy of this v6.5 PTE file thats causing your issue for further inspection. Just attach the .pte file and not the external image/resource files for this testing.

Nope. This show was done in pte 6.5 start to finish!! Also when saving this problem slideshow file to an external stick drive it would play!!! But it won't play from the computers hard drive???

Tried to upload the file (not sure which you are talking about?), but neither will work. I keep getting a " you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" error message.

Dave,

Upload and attach just the .pte project file (without the image & sound resources). Donot upload the compiled EXE slideshow unless its zipped and meets the upload file size requirements (Max. single file size: 2MB). If necessary ... trim or omit slides and music to meet the file size requirements.

Heres a Test with 3 Questions:

Run the problem EXE slideshow from your Win7 Harddrive.

Q1- Does the Windows Taskbar indicate the slideshow is Active ?

Q2- Does the Windows Task Manager status indicate the slideshow application is Running ?

Q3- Does hitting the keyboard Enter key start the slideshow bypassing display of the Startup Screen?

Dave,

Done tried the different file types, removing images etc. Will not upload!!!

I can only guess since you cannot (Browse button then select Attach This File) seem to be able to upload a .pte file or any other file ... your Windows7 must be blocking or restricting the transfer (most likely some Network /File Sharing/Firewall setting). Try uploading the zip file(s) from your Vista Desktop to the forum post.

The problem slideshow won't open to do the run button so I can't hit enter to run it. It does not show active in the taskbar either

Since you cannot see any Taskbar activity when Running (Run meaning using just double-click method) the EXE slideshow ... or any Windows Task Manager status indicating the slideshow application is Running ... then using the keyboard Enter key would have no effective result.

If you did see the EXE Slideshow active in the Taskbar after using double-click and the StartUp Screen is not visible (because its most likely invisible/hidden for some reason) ... hitting the keyboard Enter key would still result in playing the rest of the EXE slideshow even though the StartUp Screen and its buttons cannot be seen. The other Users file had this same invisible/hidden Startup Screen and could still play the EXE slideshow using the keyboard Enter key.

You may want to try the just released PTE v6.5.1 build final (not the beta v6.5.1) and verify using a brand new project file to see if the issue persists.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12201&view=findpost&p=79207

Review of your .pte project file is most valuable to help sort/identify this issue. I would still double-check all your Windows 7 settings for something a-miss.

Dave,

I can only guess since you cannot (Browse button then select Attach This File) seem to be able to upload a .pte file or any other file ... your Windows7 must be blocking or restricting the transfer (most likely some Network /File Sharing/Firewall setting). Try uploading the zip file(s) from your Vista Desktop to the forum post.

Since you cannot see any Taskbar activity when Running (Run meaning using just double-click method) the EXE slideshow ... or any Windows Task Manager status indicating the slideshow application is Running ... then using the keyboard Enter key would have no effective result.

If you did see the EXE Slideshow active in the Taskbar after using double-click and the StartUp Screen is not visible (because its most likely invisible/hidden for some reason) ... hitting the keyboard Enter key would still result in playing the rest of the EXE slideshow even though the StartUp Screen and its buttons cannot be seen. The other Users file had this same invisible/hidden Startup Screen and could still play the EXE slideshow using the keyboard Enter key.

You may want to try the just released PTE v6.5.1 build final (not the beta v6.5.1) and verify using a brand new project file to see if the issue persists.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12201&view=findpost&p=79207

Review of your .pte project file is most valuable to help sort/identify this issue. I would still double-check all your Windows 7 settings for something a-miss.

Downloaded and installed 6.5.1 and still have the same problem? I've been trying to upload using vista all the while, and no luck.

WnSoft Tech support contacted me and I've sent him the files.

Dave