WnSoft Forums

Set 'Sound Editor' - How do you get it to work?-Solved

goddi

Greetings,

I set the "Sound Editor" to Audacity in the "View/Advanced Options". However, I can not figure out how to actually active the sound editing function. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am expecting to be able to click on something and the sound file will open up directly in Audacity, as it works for the Graphical Editor.

Thanks...

Gary

Gary,

That's the theory but I don't think it has ever worked. You can set your preferred aound editor (as you have discovered and done) but there is no way, that I know of, of getting into the sound editor from a particular sound item in your sequence.

regards,

Peter

Just to clear things up ... the use of the old Sound Editor function only relates to the Add Sound of the of the selected Slide. The Add Sound position must be first filled with a item. Right-Click the selected Slide from the Slide List and you will see Edit Sound Comment . See Attachment.

Some history ... this is a very old feature/function and has only pertained to editing of the Sound Comment of a selected Slide of which you could only attach WAV files at the time. This function never had anything to do with editing Project Music or Slide Music ... even though users at the time hoped it would be added in the future. The old named label I believe use to be called Add Sound Comment ... the triming of the current naming labels to Add Sound has created this confusion in newer versions.

But it does still work. :)

post-45-095946100 1282938196_thumb.jpg

Just to clear things up ... the use of the old Sound Editor function only relates to the Add Sound of the of the selected Slide. The Add Sound position must be first filled with a item. Right-Click the selected Slide from the Slide List and you will see Edit Sound Comment . See Attachment.

Some history ... this is a very old feature/function and has only pertained to editing of the Sound Comment of a selected Slide of which you could only attach WAV files at the time. This function never had anything to do with editing Project Music or Slide Music ... even though users at the time hoped it would be added in the future. The old named label I believe use to be called Add Sound Comment ... the triming of the current naming labels to Add Sound has created this confusion in newer versions.

But it does still work. :)

================

nobeefstu,

I am still confused, of course. I don't see any choice to "Add Sound". I only see "Add Music". And my "Edit Sound Comment" is greyed-out, I guess until I figure out how to do the "Add Sound". What does "...Comment" mean?? Can you tell me where the "Add Sound" selection is? When the word "Sound" is used, I am assuming that it is referring to a 'sound effects',such as a wav, not music.

And are you saying that setting the Sound Editor is there for no reason? Why can't it be made to actually pull up your sound editor, as would be a neat function???

Here is a more direct question, in the same topic. Say I want to add a sound effect (wav file) at a particular slide. The only way I can figure out how to add this sound effect file is to put it in the Music tab, using Add Music, in its separate Track. Then I have to go into the custom menu and set the "offset" to 'push' the sound to the point where I want it to play. That takes a bit of trial and error. Got to be a better way???

If this can be done, with the 'Synchronize Music and Slides' choice selected, why can't this simply be done in the more logical place of the Customize Slide menu, with the ability to 'push' or 'pull' that sound from the beginning of that selected slide,to be able to place it more precisely?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Gary,

Add Sound is an "icon" on the upper toolbar above the mini-player area. It applies to the currently selected slide.

regards,

Peter

==============

Peter....

Aaaaaaaahhh.... :) . That dang little button, I have used it before but my bifocals just didn't let me notice it again. Thanks.

And I see now that the Edit Sound Comment will take me into Audacity!!! Beautiful. And if I click on 'Don't interrupt sound comment...' the sound effect continues even if the slide advances to the next slide...super!!!

Thanks for the help. Now wouldn't it be even neater if the 'Add Sound' menu had the 'offset' capability to be more precise in placement of the sound during the display of the image??? Why was it left out in this menu??? :D

Much thanks, nobeefstu and Peter, for solving my questions.

Gary

Gary,

Glad you got it sorted :P

The current v6.5 release with the new Audio Editing and Manipulations is only partially complete ... all of Igor's intended features and functions relating to this subject will continue to be added as new builds/releases become available.

We will all just have to wait and see.