WnSoft Forums

Multiple Audio Tracks in PTE

Tall Cat

I have just created a project with 9 tracks, but the music window is small and may not show all tracks at the same time. Did you use the scroll bar? I had another problem: When playing with multiple tracks (creating and deleting), I got an error message "Access violation at address 004057CC in module 'PicturesToExe.exe'. Read of address 3A373331."

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks Xaver. I owe you an apology. My problem was due to my lack of observation of detail. What was actually occurring, was that the size of the file I was trying to add in Track 8, a WAV (just for trial purposes), was showing up as 0:00 when I imported it into the Music window - and I hadn't noticed that! I feel somewhat abashed. I can't say what caused the problem; the file size showed correctly in the folder where I had it stored. Anyway the fault didn't appear after I opened the file in my audio editor and re-saved it, so all's well now.

I haven't experienced any error messages but it sounds as if you may have experienced a little computer glitch.

Thanks again for your effort to help me.

Regards,Don.

Don,

How did you rip this problem WAV file - via Windows Media Player? I've noticed that any files that I rip from CD using WMP always show the correct size and time in Windows Explorer and play successfully in WMP but show zero duration when used in PTE and remain silent in that program. I, too, have to open and re-save them in my audio editor program before PTE will play them.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Yes, I did use WMP for ripping the audio. I hadn't experienced the problem before because I invariably edit the audio before putting it into PTE. Just this time however, I wanted a quick listen to judge whether the beginning of the track would "fit" musically before I proceeded further. I've since done a bit of playing around and find that this does seem to be a characteristic of trying to use unedited WMV rips in PTE. Interesting. I wonder what the explanation is. No doubt there's an answer out there somewhere?

I apologise for being so dilatory in responding to your post. Once I resolved my little problem I just got on with my

AV construction and forgot about checking the forum for any further posts.

Regards,

Don.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have been using a great little program for years without a glitch called AUDIOGRABBER for ripping audio CD-s. It is free and will save as Wav and or MP3. Super fast and great quality.

Laszlo

Thanks DG. I had a look at Sony Sonic Stage but for an old fart like me, it's a bit on the complex side. I've got Free CD Ripper anyway and if I use that, PTE accepts and recognises the audio with no trouble.

Regards,

Don.