WnSoft Forums

Print Screen - SOLVED

davegee

It seems to be impossible to do a Print Screen and Paste into Photoshop.......

.....IF there is something selected on the screen e.g Select All in Photoshop or an Object in O&A.

It's probably a Windows thing.

Is there a way around this? (Or am I doing something wrong?)

DG

Sometimes it may be useful to identify a utility to do this sort of thing. I use a piece of software I have used for years called HypersnapDX, I was surprised and pleased that it worked fine on my new W7 64 bit machine.

Its just so simple to hit Ctrl+W to grab a window or palette from any program - Ctrl+R to select any region and Ctrl+F to grab the entire screen.

Save the grab to where you want quickly and easily

Thanks Barry,

I WILL try that as an alternative to Print Screen in case this happens again.

Just to re-itterate, I was happily creating screen grabs yesterday morning (see here) when suddenly I was unable to create a Screen Grab from the O&A screen when an object was selected. I was trying to show Shep the Properties Tab in O&A when performing a routine.

The effect was like Photoshop telling me - there is nothing in your clipboard to paste.

If I deselected the object I was able to Print Screen - I did this numerous times before giving up - Object selected - No Print Screen - All objects deselected - Print Screen OK.

I tried shutting PS down and starting again but the effect was the same.

I began to wonder if I had ever done this before when objects were selected in O&A.

After being out most of the day and my (Vista) laptop shut down, I decided to try it again last evening and after what was effectively a re-boot, I couldn't make it fail!

My laptop had got into a state where it would Print Screen as long as no objects were selected. I even tried to do a Print Screen within PS when Select All was active and failed - remove the selection - hey presto, Print Screen returned.

If anyone else has experienced this I'd be glad to hear from them but, at present, it's an intermittent problem that I can't repeat.

DG