WnSoft Forums

Lose Sound between Slideshows

M2Mays

After reading a lot of the really cool things I can now do with PTE, I have run into a situation.

I created one slide show that has a button that runs a second slideshow. Everything works great except the sounds for the "called" slideshow are not played.

Any clue as to what I have thus done wrong?

As always, thanks in advance for any assistance!

The Rookie!

M2 :blink:

Hi, M2,

Is the second show synched to music (via the timeline)? How are you adding the music to the second show? There are three ways: in "Project options", in "Customize slide", or via the "Sound" line on the main window.

If the show is non-synched, and you are adding sound in Project options, it will cut off if you check "Play new background music" and do not add a sound file in the "Customize slide" dialogue box.

Al,

In the second slideshow I have the sounds added at the "Sound" line on the main on the main window for each slide.

I do not have any music at the Project Options or at the Customize Slide levels, only at the Sound line on the main menu for each slide.

Neither slideshow is synched to music (or sounds). I want a specific sound to play when each slide is displayed.

The first slide show runs and the sounds are played with no problem. It's only when the second slideshow runs that no sounds are played.

Note: On the first slideshow the sounds are also at the sound line level.

Thanks, Mark

Hi, M2,

This is strange. It works fine for me. In fact, I just discovered something new: usually when you are using sounds at the sound level, they cut off if they have not yet finished playing and a new slide appears. However, if you call up a new show from a slide (say from a button object), the sounds of the new show overlap the sound which is still playing on the first show! :unsure: So, this is another way to have background music playing, with narration over it.

Now back to your situation: what version of PTE are you using? Are your sound files mp3's? (I'm just stalling for time here! B) )

You can accomplish the same effect, since you are not using background music, by adding the individual slide sounds in "Customize Slide" mode. Try that and see if the show can find them.

Also, are you using the "browse" feature to search for and add the sounds? Sometimes that works best, as then you call up the exact file which you need. One peculiarity with PTE is that the path name of any sound used via the "sound" line has to be exact (not merely located in the same folder as the PTE file, itself).

I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest, except to experiment, and verify that the sounds are playable. Try using some of the same sounds as you know work in show #1. Good luck! :)

• 3 months later...

I am experiencing the same behavior. The 2nd Slide Show works fine if I invoke it from outside of the 1st p2e program but not from within. I have a button to an mpg on the CD (1st p2e program) as well which will also play without the sound.

It seems that this behavior started after installing codecs for avi files etc but I can't be sure. Previously the sound on both p2e programs could be heard. I am using v4.00.

CGalvin - welcome to the world's most congenial forum.

I don't know cause of your specific problem. I would remind or alert you though, that you may as well use the latest version of PTE. I think 4.14 is the latest official version and Version 4.20 Beta#7 is also available if you want. Both versions are downloadable from Wnsoft.com home page. The beautiful part of Igor's approach to his software - always improving - and providing without additional charge to registered owners.

That is part of the reason he has such a loyal following for Pictures to Exe.

• 1 year later...

I have discovered that installing a certain codec or codecs is what causes this issue.

I haven't experimented enough to know which one(s) it is but I have a second nearly pristeen (is that the way it is spelled?) XP box that worked the sound for the 2nd Presentation fine, added codecs, No 2nd sounds, removed the codecs, sound for 2nd presentation works fine again!