WnSoft Forums

VIDEO BUILDER UPGRADE

orizaba

1. My PTE-DeLuxe expired last 19 Dec. I mean, respective Video Builder free upgrades.

2. Some days before I decided to buy the new Video Builder upgrade (10 Dec).

3. I downloaded and install PTE-DeLuxe 6.5.5 (so, including last VB, I suppose).

4. VB key was e-mailed to me but my VB still indicated "valid till 19 Dec". Ok.

5. Today (21 Dec) I decided to upgrade VB using respective key, but I am astonished because VB is still active and saying "Free upgrades up to Dec 19, 2010". Of course, my "old" VB version will be active for life, but how do I manage to install the new/actual VB version (which I suppose is included in PTE-DeLuxe Upgrade I paid and download)?

6. Please, note, I followed instructions sent with key:

If you purchased an Upgrade license key:

1. Run VideoBuilder (Start menu -> All programs -> PicturesToExe Deluxe -> VideoBuilder).

2. The program will ask for the license key. Click "Load a Key" button.

3. Copy the license key above (including both the KEY BEGIN and the KEY END lines) and paste into the window of VideoBuilder.

4. Click "Activate" button.

5. Restart VideoBuilder.

Problem is that program does not ask for any license key... because it seams to be the old version.

How to upgrade VB?

By the way, why VB is not version classified? How can I know which version I have?

Thanks for your help.

Jose

Jose,

Try closing PTE and VideoBuilder completely ... restart again and check Video Builder upgrade date.

Problem is that program does not ask for any license key... because it seams to be the old version.

How to upgrade VB?

Since v6.5.5 was officially released Nov 11, 2010 ... your Dec 19, 2010 key wont expire for that version.

By the way, why VB is not version classified? How can I know which version I have?

PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder are built and distributed as a combined program and called PicturesToExe Deluxe. If you have PicturesToExe Deluxe v6.5.5 (theres only one program for all user types) ... PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder are the same version. There no mix-n-match of versions.

Example senerio:

If you open a .pte file in PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.6 to make a DVD disc ... its going to be made using the same (v5.6) VideoBuilder version. Or if you open a .pte file in PicturesToExe Deluxe v6.5.5 to make a DVD disc ... its going to use the same (v6.5.5) VideoBuilder version and not the v5.6 VideoBuilder version.

Jose,

Try closing PTE and VideoBuilder completely ... restart again and check Video Builder upgrade date.

Since v6.5.5 was officially released Nov 11, 2010 ... your Dec 19, 2010 key wont expire for that version.

PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder are built and distributed as a combined program and called PicturesToExe Deluxe. If you have PicturesToExe Deluxe v6.5.5 (theres only one program for all user types) ... PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder are the same version. There no mix-n-match of versions.

Example senerio:

If you open a .pte file in PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.6 to make a DVD disc ... its going to be made using the same (v5.6) VideoBuilder version. Or if you open a .pte file in PicturesToExe Deluxe v6.5.5 to make a DVD disc ... its going to use the same (v6.5.5) VideoBuilder version and not the v5.6 VideoBuilder version.

Hi, Nobeefstu, thanks for your reply.

I think I didn't make myself clear, sorry.

I upgraded because of Video Builder (2 years validity). So, I received the key for Video Builder, OK.

My old Video Builder (part of the PTE DeLuxe version which was installed, v 6.0.4) "ended" 19 DEC 2010.

I installed new version 6.5.5 and I expected to be asked to introduce Video Builder key, but this doesn't happen.

I attache snapshot from HELP/ABOUT PTE 6.5.5 and you can see that it remains "DeLuxe features: Free upgrades up to December 19, 2010".

It should be "December 19, 2012" after introducing the new (bought) key. Problem is that I find no way to introduce the key.

In case solution is to uninstall/install PTE 6.5.5, is there any risk of loosing the project I am building?

Jose

post-6554-070565700 1292981144_thumb.jpg

Jose,

If you installed v6.5.5 before 19 Dec 2010 then the old key is still valid and will remain valid indefinitely for v6.5.5 and all earlier versions of PTE Deluxe. You will need your new key only when you install a PTE version after 19 Dec 2010.

regards,

Peter

Jose,

I now see your issue as it relates to loading the newly purchased VideoBuilder key into a already active/valid PTE program version.

As Peter's post above says ... you will have to wait for the next/newer release of PTE version that will ask you to load your newly purchased VideoBuilder Dec 2012 key. As of right now ... all your current PTE program versions are fully active and already have valid key registrations with the older Dec 2010 key.

I see no easy way to replace an already active/valid key with another newer active/valid key using the PTE program ... unless you know your way using the Windows Registry directly.

In case solution is to uninstall/install PTE 6.5.5, is there any risk of loosing the project I am building?

Uninstalling the PTE program will have no effect nor does it remove the key registration from the Windows Registry. So you donot need to uninstall/install PTE 6.5.5 ... nothing will change as it relates to loading your keys.

Well ... at least you are ahead of the game and all ready for next PTE release which will have vide clip insertion. As a note : if the next PTE release just contains bug fixes and related issues ... your Dec 2010 VideoBuilder key will most likely still be valid and work.