WnSoft Forums

Uploading non save sequence

snapcam

I have been asked to provide a sequence for use on a website to promote an upcoming Festival.

I am happy to provide the sequence for viewing but do not want the public to be able to save it.

How do I prevent a downloaded sequence being saved.

I have been asked to provide a sequence for use on a website to promote an upcoming Festival.

I am happy to provide the sequence for viewing but do not want the public to be able to save it.

How do I prevent a downloaded sequence being saved.

Present your sequence via YouTube, or use the protection measures in Project Options > Advanced (not really secure).

Regards,

Xaver

Present your sequence via YouTube, or use the protection measures in Project Options > Advanced (not really secure).

Regards,

Xaver

===================

Xaver,

There are YouTube "downloader" programs that will allow anyone to download a YouTube show and convert it to another format. Not much you can do, I don't think you can avoid it.

Gary

Snapcam

Can I ask what you are concerned about, with regard the public saving the show?

Sorry Barry I missed your post when I replied to the other answers.

The reason is it may not be my sequence that is used and the author may not want their work copied willy/nilly. Secondly festival workers tend to use copyright music and their licence conditions may not allow for public distribution.

You'll enjoy hearing that I know!

Regards

Bottom line is: You can't. If it is available for viewing on the web, it can and will be downloaded and saved by someone. With an executable file, you can put in a password so only someone who has the password can "play" the executable. For a video which is available via the web either by embedding or link, there is presently no reliable way to protect it by preventing a "save." For a video file to be played it either must reside on the server (streaming) or must reside in a hidden temporary folder on the user's computer (pseudo streaming) such as with Flash FLV, or be downloaded in its entirety to the client such as with Flash SWF . When it is played either way on the client machine it can always be "captured" in numerous ways.

I'm afraid you will be wasting your effort trying to prevent the viewer from saving the file.

Best regards,

Lin