WnSoft Forums

Creating DVD

snapcam

snapcam,

Which Video Codec have you selected to make your avi ouput ?

Did you see a popup window in PTE program that looks like the (create-avi.jpg) attached image ?

If you are using the PictureToExe Video Codec ... you will see a popup window (attached image) after initiating save that basically tells you to open your third party video burning program and select the file in order to burn it to video disc. You must select the avi file while PTE program is still open ... donot close PTE program (the popup window) till the file is made/burned to video disc by your other video software.

If you have selected another Video Codec other than the PictureToExe Video Codec ... make sure the video codec is compatable for the type avi container you are trying to produce.

post-45-076734600 1295953059_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I do get the popup but only the audio codec has loaded.

I have tried the varios codecs available on the drop down and different combinations , but no joy.

Always says unable to download a file i.e. video

snapcam,

Are you using the Create Custom AVI file option to burn to video disc or some other option available ?

What 3rd party video program are you trying to import and burn with ?

I have tried the varios codecs available on the drop down and different combinations , but no joy

You can only use the other selectable Video Codecs when using the Custom Avi setting ... they are not selectable for DVD Video Disc, HD 1080, and HD 1280x720p 60FPS settings which only exclusively uses the PictureToExe Video Codec. Other selectable Video Codecs will not export to burn directly ... they must be saved first as a normal avi file which can be burned later (if they are compatable for use) with your 3rd party video program

Using the PictureToExe Video Codec only gives you a temporary AVI file for which must be directly imported into your other 3rd party video program to burn imediately while PTE is open ... it does not create and save a stand alone avi file as such when using a mpeg2 codec.

* Please note when using other video codecs for Custom Avi File ... make sure they are compatable to make and play stand alone avi files. They must be able to encode the avi container ... and they must also be able to decode the avi container for playback on your system.