WnSoft Forums

Transparency on the background

RedButton2

Hi Fred,

Sorry, I'm not clear on exactly what it is you want to do?

If you are using Photoshop, you can create a transparency around your subject in several ways. Perhaps the easiest is to first open the file you wish to have as the subject then do "Select All" then "Edit" then "Copy." This places your image on the clipboard. Now close this image.

Next click on "File" "New" and set the background attribute to "Transparent" and the file size in pixels to correspond to the image you have placed on the clipboard in the previous step. Next click "O.K."

Next do "Edit" "Paste" and you will see your original image appear. It will, however, be on a "layer" above the transparency.

Next use the "Eraser" tool to erase all of the image you "don't" want to be on your final transparent PNG file. Once you have carefully erased all which you don't want to appear, save this as a PNG file.

This, then will appear in PTE as a "floating" object with the parts not desired as transparent.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi everybody

See the picture: I want a transparency (left), such as right down displayed. But it remains in full color (white). What I can do?

http://www.mediafire...9dd64unz3ixe7ao

Regards,

Fred

Fred,

If I understand your image correctly, you are wanting a tiny piece of your Windows desktop to appear through a part of the PTE presentation? I don't think that is possible with any software. The best that you could achieve would be to set PTE to run in Windowed mode, with a window sized to reveal a strip of the Windows desktop across the bottom of the screen.

regards,

Peter

Hey Lin, I think I have the solution: the Window mode. I will tomorrow a Screen Saver perform, then you see what the point of it all is.

Thank you and have a nice evening.

Fred

Thanks Peter, just what I was thinking too. We just had the same idea at the same time. Tomorrow I will present the results.

Thank you and have a nice evening.

Fred