WnSoft Forums

Older shows in version 7

Horatio

I am away from my main computer and travelling at the moment.

I am curious if I can bring an existing show made in version 6.5 into version 7.

What happens to the anti shimmering that was set previously, does it revert to zero and then can be adjusted via sharper/smoother?

I would like to use the new feature of unsharp mask globally for projection. That is why I am curious if I can achieve this.

Many thanks,

Kgn

Right now I believe the answer may be no - I don't think you can do that yet.

The default is zero so one would assume that if anti-shimmer is set on for a particular slide, that when and "if" we can successfully import older shows into version 7, it would correspond to "soft" on the slider and appear that way. The issue with beta software is that all features are not yet "turned on" and if they are referenced in the PTE file, the beta would not properly save the settings. Once everything is up and functional, then importing older shows will "probably" be possible without incident.

Best regards,

Lin

I am away from my main computer and travelling at the moment.

I am curious if I can bring an existing show made in version 6.5 into version 7.

What happens to the anti shimmering that was set previously, does it revert to zero and then can be adjusted via sharper/smoother?

I would like to use the new feature of unsharp mask globally for projection. That is why I am curious if I can achieve this.

Many thanks,

Kgn

Anti-shimmering (mipmappings) option is now automatically turned on by default (inside the program) for all Image/Text objects in PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0. It's impossible to disable it. You can only adjust degree of this feature.

Loading of projects created in version 6.5 or earlier:

- Anti-shimmering (mipmappings) is OFF (by default) is equal to "Sharper/Smoother" -128 in v7.0.

- Anti-shimmering (mipmappings) is ON is equal to "Sharper/Smoother" is 0 (zero) in v7.0.

So "Sharper/Smoother" is -128 for all new Image/Text objects created in version 7.0. This option gives sharp picture as in previous versions and prevents moire/shimmering during zooming/resizing.

Beside this feature version 7.0 additinally suggests an optional Unsharp Mask.

And third improvement is reworked picture rendering for DVD output.