WnSoft Forums

Mask effect not working on DVD

gasport

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm going over old ground.

I have made a slide show and have used mask effects on various slides. All work OK in preview and also in the created EXE file, but when I burn the show to DVD the mask effects do not appear, just the original image.

I am using 6.5 DeLuxe. Any help would be gratefully received.

Graham

Graham,

Most likely your mask objects are not placed/fitted within the TV Safe Zone. When in O&A window ... select Tools and enable the view of Show TV Safe Zone. Place/fit all your objects within the TV Safe Zone for DVD builds so they can be fully viewed on a TV screen.

Read about Overscan on Wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan

Nobeefstu

Thanks for your advice - I'll give it a go. It may take a little time as I will need to crop most of the images used with masks to ensure that the relevant portion fits in the 'safe zone'. Presumably this requirement only relates to mask objects as I have other objects (e.g. scrolling text) that start outside the zone.

I'll post again to let you know the results.

Graham

Hello Graham,

Sorry, I was not able reproduce this problem. I made a DVD with two slides. Each slide has one mask object. They had same look in EXE file and on DVD.

Please could you take a picture with your digital camera from LCD display and from TV to show the difference?

Hi Igor

Images attached. Also one of the O&A screen. You will see that the Mask Objects are controlled by key frames (if that makes any difference). The odd thing is that on the TV the default title slide shows the mask object but it doesn't appear in the slideshow. Following the advice from 'Nobeefstu'I have ensured that the mask objects are all within the TV Safe Zone frame.

Regards, Graham

post-9618-0-77966600-1303138894_thumb.jp

post-9618-0-70252100-1303138904_thumb.jp

post-9618-0-08748900-1303138914_thumb.jp

Hello Graham,

Thanks for photos! I've understood now. It looks as a bug in PicturesToExe 6.5

Could you please send me all source files of this project in ZIP archive? You can upload file on www.mediafire.com and then give me a URL through personal message.

Probably this issue related with one this slide only. Try to save a project with another file name and leave one slide in the copied project. I suppose this issue should appears also in any video output, including "Create HD video file for PC".

I think we will easily solve this problem once we reproduce this situation.

Hello Graham,

Thanks for ZIP file with this project.

I created DVD and masks objects work correctly.

It seems that PicturesToExe was not able initialize Mask objects on your computer.

What configuration of your PC? CPU, memory size, video card and video memory size?

Please try also new version 7.0 Beta. It has reduced requirements for video card when you render video for DVD disc.

Igor

Thanks for the information. My system is a Hewlett Packard ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Intel Celeron CPU 2.4GHz 2GB of RAM

Intel 82845 Graphics Controller 64MB memory -

- not sophisticated by any means but I am due to upgrade later this year when things will no doubt be better. In the meantime I will give 7.0 beta a try.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Graham

Graham,

Just to add further detail to Igor's post above...

I have an old laptop with the same video spec. It can run PTE exe files successfully IF they have no animation (no pan/zoom/rotate or 3D transform), no video and only one or two static objects (additional images placed "picture in picture"). With animation or several additional static image objects, there is very obvious "flickering" and "stuttering" of the image. With video, the playback is very, very jerky.

I had to pension off this laptop when PTE v5 was released. I am now seeing that I may have to pension off its successor if I want to add video to my slide shows.

regards,

Peter