WnSoft Forums

Spinning Roulette wheel

Mike Reed

Hi Mike,

I don't think so but it's an excellent challenge to make one in 3D !

If I have time, I will try something next week-end.

Unless guys like Lin, Fred, Jean-cyprien... already make one before.

That would be brilliant if you could do it. I would have no idea where to start especially in 3D.

Mike

Hi, Mike,

I too am not a gambler !

The spinning wheel is indeed a very beautiful object (I've one at home), and its animation is not without interest (like the leg of a cyclist). But most parts are turned wood, which requires numerous « objects » in PTE and is time consuming to do, even with copy / paste .

The wheel' animation too, is not easy to do (it is a « hollow » object) even if different solutions could be found.

A real very interesting challenge, of course, but requiring a lot of time to treasure the beauty of these objects .

And at the moment there is a lot of other interesting things to do (much, much, too much !) : V7 betas to test, and - as it is the spring - a lot a new beautiful flowers in the nature : specially wild orchids…

Sorry, Mike (perhaps next winter, before the chimney ? Oh no, just before the screen, I've no chimney !!!)

Jean-Cyprien