WnSoft Forums

Help with installation for new user

Redhedgehog

Hi,

I am not only a new user of Pictures to Exe but also brand new to Windows PCs having previously used Macs so please forgive me if my question is really basic.

I have successfully downloaded and installed PTE on my Windows 7 laptop (everything seems to be ok as I have located a file folder called WnSoft PicturesToExe in my C: drive > Program Files(86) on my Hard Disk and PictuesToExe 6.5 appears in my Program List from the Start Menu and also as a shortcut on my desktop).

However I have noticed that I have a folder in the Windows My Documents folder called "picturestoexe-setup" and in that folder there is a "ReadMe" document, a "WhatsNew" document and also an"application" called "picturestoexe-setup". My question is: should I delete these items?

Help would be appreciated.

Seahog,

The folder and its content you describe appears to be the extracted zip file of the picturestoexe-setup.zip you downloaded. I can only assume you extracted the zip file to your My Documents folder.

Its OK to delete the folder and its content files of the extracted zip file. However, its a good idea to save picturestoexe-setup.zip you downloaded just for backup reasons in case you ever need to reinstall PicturesToExe program again. You might want to rename the zip file using the version of PTE .... v6.5_picturestoexe-setup.zip so you can easily identify in the future.

Hi Seahog,

1)

The 'Folder' you refer to is the 'Setup-Folder' extracted from the Zip-File you downloaded from the

PTE-Website and Windows.7 had parked that inside your My-Documents.

2)

You should also have received an EMailed "Registration-Key" in document Format which activates

your copy of PTE.

3)

Concerning that Folder in My-Documents ~ You must have used its contents to Setup & Install

the PTE-Program on your new PC.

Apparently its done its job ~ But do not consider it to be redundant as you may need it in the

future for other purposes, particularily if you have some future Laptop problems.

My personal suggestion would be:- Find the 'PTE-RegKey' and put a copy of it into the Folder and

then move that Folder onto a secure Memory-Pen or onto a Camera SD-Card. Now you have a

permanent copy for future usage.

You say you are a newbie to Windows and Windows.7 ~ May I suggest you get a Book from Amazon

its about $16 ~ its called "Windows.7 for Dummies". Its part of the Dummies series of Instructional

Manuals for all things Windows. Its fun to read, highly addictive and it will become your PC-bible.

Its one heck of a 'short-cut' for all those getting into Windows protocols.

See a Preview in Attachments (Cheat-Sheet) and Snapshot.

Best of luck with your New-Laptop.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-40945500-1305195232_thumb.gi

Win.7-Cheat Sheet.pdf